35

-T A E H Y U N-

Jaeshin unlocked the door as we entered the house where she lived. I casually took my shoes off from my feet,before arranging it properly and followed her.

It was pitch black all around me, yet I still can see my surroundings as my eyes wandered around at each and every corner of the rooms that we walked passed by.

I saw a big family portrait hanging at the living room wall, right above the fire place as I just realized that this place was organized nicely. There was a small version of Jaeshin smiling brightly beside a small boy and behind them was a happy looking couple.

She skipped her way to the fireplace and lit up a fire instead of turning on the house's lights on before smiling at me.

"I'm sorry if you're uncomfortable but I usually do this instead of turning on the lights "she explained as I nodded slowly, smiling back at her.

"Nah I'm fine. Anyways.. Are you living here alone? Where are your family?" I questioned her, looking at the heart warming family picture as I took a seat after she asked me to sit across her at the living room sofa.

"They left me alone. They betrayed me, and they were killed, leaving me alone in this house only "her eyes started to brim with tears as I started to regret asking that sensitive kind of question in this situation.

"I'm sorry to hear that Jae... You grew up lonely and you survived it, you're strong and I know it "I cheered her up as the ends of her lips curled up into a small warm smile and took out her books before placing at the coffee table between us.

I noticed that three leaf clover tattoo once again on her wrist as I ignored it and took out my books too.

We started to do our own self study and sometimes we talked random things to light up the mood.

"Jae, I need to go to the bathroom for awhile, where is the bathroom? "I asked as she looked up from her workbook like an innocent puppy.

"Eo, it's in my room. Go straight at the hallways and you'll find my room and just go straight to the bathroom. I haven't filled the tissue rolls in the other bathroom in the house "She told me as I nodded and thanked her for telling me the directions.

I ran because I really need to use the bathroom this instant and locked the bathroom door.

I did my business and when I was done, I washed my hands with the hand soap that was placed nicely when my eyes caught a glimpse of something.

My hand reached for the small bottle and I read the prescription of the bottle of pills, wondering what kind of pills are they.

Antidepressants?

I placed it down back at its original place thinking that maybe she has depression because of losing a family?

Family is really important and it's not surprising that someone can suffer from depression, especially in such a young age and who lived alone in a house where the whole family used to roam around and make memories together.

I decided to sneak more as I opened a cabinet slowly and my heart dropped when there are many more bottles of pills, about 3 or 5.

I read all of the prescription and tried to remember all of it as possible before closing the cabinet back.

I opened the door and walked out, trying to act as calm as possible after witnessing something unbelievable. What are those pills all for?

They all have different names and some I identified are not from the hospital.