Chapter 10

"This is what humans call a mall, brother. Its abundance in goods for sale knows not the boundaries of common markets!"

Loki raised an eyebrow, taking in the crowded mall.

"Disgusting... Do you really expect me to find myself worthy garments in this human-infested rathole?"

"My, brother, you will find that, while Midgardian clothing is not nearly as impressive as ours, it mends for it by being quite comfortable and unique"

"So low has the Mighty Thor fallen, it seems." Still staring disdainfully, Loki allowed Thor to pat him on the back. He'd been careful enough to tuck the sphere in his soon-to-be-discarded outfit.

"Aye, brother, give it a chance"

The black haired one advanced towards a showcase filled with sports clothes.

"It's getting bothersome, Thor, having to remind you again and again that we are, in no way, related"

Thor grinned, attempting to wrap a heavy arm across Loki's lean shoulders, and didn't let it falter when he was rejected. "Ah, brother, I would never intend to be a bother, but I just can't help it. Better not to remind me at all, then"

"Moron" Loki pointed to some other store. "That one seems decent. Move."

"As you wish, brother."

And Loki knew Thor was doing it to spite him. And that there was nothing he could do but to ignore it for the rest of the day.

"Aye, brother... I know my friend Anthony to be wealthy, but I don't think that is excuse to try and empty his vaults in one day..." Thor peeked at Loki from behind the bundle of cardboard bags piled on his arms. "Whatever did you need all these books for? I don't recall you being fond of Midgardian literature"

"If i'm confined to that apartment, I need something to pass the time. Might as well be something that gives me a deeper understanding of this lowly realm and its saddening inhabitants." And he smiled mischievously. "Besides, as I remember, only two conditions were given and I have already covered both of them. Your companion was dumb enough to hand me his money, and I will not be dumb enough to let the chance go to waste..."

"Brother?" Thor stopped, sending a look over the shoulder to where Loki had stopped in front of yet another store -for someone who had made his low opinions about the place so clear, he was awfully curious about it- while trying to rearrange the bags more comfortably.

"This piece of clothing. What is it?" Loki waited until Thor stood by his side, to point at a square of blue and white fabric.

"I believe it's called a bandana, brother"

"I fancy it. Wait here." And Loki disappeared into the store, leaving behind a very confused Thor.

"Tony?"

"Yes?"

Pepper's eyes widened, while she kept on staring at her laptop's screen. "Please explain how you can be here with me and burning money on some mall at the same time?"

Tony grinned. "That, Pepper, is the lame attempt of a frustrated Norse God to make me go bankrupt."

"... You gave Loki a credit card."

"You would have too, if you had seen him. I swear that armor was see-through already."

"Well, why the frustration, then?"

"Well, I gave him a little condition that he seemed not to like."

Pepper sighed and pinched her nose at her boss'smile.