High school

"Come on Kook we're gonna be late" I whined standing outside of his bedroom. The door swung open as Jungkook buttoned up his shirt. "I'm sorry we aren't all as fast at getting ready as you are Hyun-Ae" he strolled past me and walked down the stairs.

It was the second week of being a senior at a new high school, me and Jungkook had been friends ever since we were little, being neighbours it was easy to see each other. Recently we had both moved house, since our parents work together we are still in the same village.

Every day I would pick him up from his house and we would walk to school together, just like today.

I opened the door as Jungkook slipped his feet into his shoes. I looked up at the grey sky as we began walking. "You think it will rain?" I worried, not having an umbrella or coat to cover myself if it did rain. "Na" he shrugged, little did he know.

We ran into the cover of the school out of the pouring rain, "you really don't think it will rain" I sighed, squeezing my dripping wet hair attempting to dry it. He laughed as he wrung his shirt out. We walked into the crowded corridor and walked to our lockers, his was on the opposite side of the wall to mine but they were still quite close. I took out my books for the first two lessons and shut my locker with a bang.

I turned around to walk to Jungkook but a figure blocked my path, "Hey, you're in my classes right? I'm Seokjin, but you can call me Jin" he smiled, holding out his hand for me to shake. I took it and smiled back, "I'm Hyun-Ae"
"Sorry, I was trying to get to know some of the people in my classes, my family moved here in the summer so I don't really know anyone" he shrugged. "That's okay, here let me introduce you to my best friend" I grabbed his wrist and dragged him over to Jungkook, who raised his eyebrow at the sight of us.

"Kook, this is Jin, Jin this is my best friend Jungkook." they nodded acknowledgement to one another. "I'm going to the toilets, wait up for me to go to class?" I looked at Jungkook and he nodded. As I walked I looked back and saw the two chatting and laughing, I smiled as I pushed the door open.

They were still talking when I came back, "You guys ready to go?" I asked, joining in the conversation. "Yeah" they replied in unison, and then laughed, I couldn't help but snigger as we walked to the classroom.

Me and Jungkook sat together and Jin sat behind us. Since there was enough chairs for the amount of people in our class another boy sat next to Jin, they introduced themselves and started talking, I heard his name was Namjoon.

As the teacher blabbered on I drew little animals on Jungkook's hand, I did this back in elementary school as well. Then I heard my name, "Hyun-Ae" the teacher repeated, "Do  you know the answer to this question?" She stared daggers at me. I froze for a moment, the question requiring me actually working out the answer rather than knowing off the top of my head. I felt a nudge on my arm and Jungkook tapped his paper with his pen, showing me the answer. I repeated what he wrote and the teacher squinted at me, "make sure you're listening!" I nodded, sinking into my seat and writing in my book.

Jungkook giggled next to me, I looked at him, "thank you" I whispered.