The boy

A few days later I was allowed home, Jungkook hadn't left my side ever since we arrived at the hospital. My mum was working when we got there so she made sure I had the best doctors looking after me, I told her not to fuss because I wasn't the only patient, but she wouldn't listen.

It was weird telling her about my eye but I told her the truth. She hugged me and assured me that the police would find him, I wasn't sure how much she believed her own words but I left it.

I was taught how to use crutches and my mum drove us home. "You're on bed rest for at least a day, you can't go to school!" My mum told me for the fifth time this morning. "But I'm so behind, I need to go in so I don't fail" I groaned. There was a knock at the door and my mum answered, "hey, is Hyun-Ae coming to school today?" I could hear Jungkook's voice. I stood and picked up my crutches, also placing sunglasses onto my face, I hopped over to them, "yes, yes I am" I smiled at him. His smile seemed to falter when I said that, "are you sure, I don't want you getting hurt again." There was worry laced into his smooth tone. "I'll be fine, I promise."

My mum swore she would never let me leave the house again if I ended up getting hurt again. Finally we left, Jungkook carried my bag even though I had begged him to let me do it.

When we got into school there was a gathering of students, I turned to Jungkook, "this isn't a good idea, we should leave." I didn't want to injure myself further so that me and Jungkook could hopefully go on a date. "Let me just see what's going on." Jungkook told me to stay put while he joined the circle, a few moments after I heard him shouting and the circle dissipated. I went to where Jungkook was kneeling over someone, "let's go to the nurse, they can check you over." I could see a red handprint on his face, like he had been slapped really hard.

"Hyun-Ae I'll meet you in class." Jungkook smiled and then left with the boy. I hopped to class alone and sat in my seat, Namjoon and Jin came in a few minutes after, "hey Hyun-Ae, who's crutches are those?" Jin asked, "Oh, those are mine, I fell down the stairs" I showed them the boot on my leg. "Woah, how'd you fall?" Namjoon smirked, expecting an embarrassing story. "I was running away from Jungkook because I stole his jumpers, the I tripped because I didn't see the stairs, it's not a very interesting story." Namjoon sighed and then looked out the window, then back to me, "it's raining, why are you wearing sunglasses?" I groaned and then slid them down my nose, revealing my black eye, which seemed to hurt more today, then I slid them back on my face properly. "Is that from when you fell too?" Jin looked worried, "Uhh no, but it's fine, it should be better in a few days." I reassured them.

The teacher came in and started teaching, and then five minutes later Jungkook and the other boy came in, they talked to the teacher outside for a few minutes and then Jungkook sat beside me, while the other boy went and sat in his seat at the other end of the classroom.

"I'll tell you later." Jungkook whispered while he laid his book out on the table.