Homework

I heard what sounded like keys jangling downstairs, I opened my eyes and looked around, only managing to see darkness. I got up out of bed and walked towards where I thought the door was, unfortunately I was wrong. I felt along the wall until I finally reached a handle, I turned it and saw the light from the hallway sleeping into the room.

I stepped out and saw Jungkook's parents locking the door downstairs, "hello Hyun-Ae" they smiled as they waved at me, they were used to me being here since me and Jungkook hung out so much. "Hi, you're home late, everything okay?" I rubbed my eyes tiredly. "Oh yes, an emergency came in just before we were about to leave, sorry" I nodded acknowledgement, "well, goodnight" I yawned as I stumbled my way back into the bedroom.

I lay on the bed, still unsure of my surroundings, and I closed my eyes. I heard Jungkook's parents mumbling downstairs before I drifted off to sleep.

"Hyun-Ae" I heard whilst still in my dream state, "Hyun-Ae!" A shout woke me up. "Wha... what?" I groaned as the light of day blinded me. "You wanna get off me now?" I heard Jungkook chuckle from somewhere, I looked around, realising my head was on his stomach. I laughed as I got up, my face flushing from embarrassment. "Well I got up to see who was coming into your house and then I couldn't see so I might've thought you were a pillow?" I rubbed my neck awkwardly. "Clearly I was a comfortable pillow, I could hardly wake you up" he raised his eyebrow at me.

I left their house and went into mine, showering and changing into the school uniform, "Hi mum" I smiled as I ate my toast for breakfast, she seemed tired, probably since she was working so late yesterday. "I've got the day off today so we can do something after school if you want?" She smiled at me hopefully. "Sure" I beamed, "oh also, there's this party at a friends house on Friday and I was wondering if I could go..." I pouted at her, she looked as though she was debating it in her mind, "okay but be safe and don't drink too much" she winked at me, knowing I had never drank alcohol before even though I am the legal age.

I rolled my eyes as there was a knock at the door, I walked over and answered it, Jungkook greeting me on the other side, "one sec" I held my finger up to him as I put on my shoes and got my bag, "mum I'm going to school, see you later!" I shouted into the house, "have a nice day at school sweetie" I heard her reply as I shut the door.

School was average, not interesting, but not entirely boring. I couldn't wait for the day to be over so I could hang out with my mum, which I didn't get to do often. "Hyun-Ae, stop daydreaming!" Jungkook nudged me for the fifteenth time today, "sorry, ten minutes left" I looked at him happily as he laughed at me for being 'too excitable.'

I dragged Jungkook home since he wasn't being fast enough. I pushed him towards his house, "thanks?" He shouted to me as I ran home and swung open the door.

There was a note on the fridge, my shoulders slumped as I started to read it from afar, the front door opened and I felt hands on my shoulders, "I'm so sorry" Jungkook said from behind me.

"It's fine, I shouldn't have got my hopes up, she gets called into work almost every day" I whispered as I wiped the tears out of my eyes. "I've got homework to do anyway." I sat at the table and got out my books, beginning to write in them. Jungkook sat opposite me and did his homework, I could tell he kept looking at me but I ignored his gaze.