Sleep

Once we finished eating I checked the time, 8:30. I texted my mum and asked her when she would get home, she didn't respond. "Ughhhh I just want to go home and sleeeep" I moaned, rolling off of the sofa and laying on the floor. "Do you know what time they're getting back?" I asked Jungkook, who was sitting on the sofa playing on his phone. "My mum says it might be really late, like tomorrow morning."

Our parents worked as doctors, they used to be friends and they decided that they would do it together, cute right? But that means a lot of random working times, I don't get to see them that often. Me and Jungkook always stay in one house when our parents are working overnight, we used to have a babysitter but now we're old enough to be home alone. I started leaving a toothbrush in his bathroom just in case and he did the same.

"Mind if I-?" He cut me off, "sure you can borrow some clothes" he wandered upstairs and I followed him slowly. He threw a hoodie and some shorts at me, I smiled gratefully and locked myself in the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth and changed, his hoodie was too big for me and so were the shorts, but not as much, I walked out seeing Jungkook put a duvet on the sofa-bed in his room, "thanks" I smiled. "Oh no, you get my bed, I'll sleep on the sofa-bed" he pushed me towards his bed, "it's fine, I'll sleep on the sofa" I argued, not wanting him to get a hurt back.

I jumped onto the sofa and folded my arms, "I'm not moving." He walked over to me and stopped for a second, then pulled the duvet off of me, "Hey!" I shouted as he pulled it onto his bed. "I'll freeze" I pouted, "then come sleep in the bed" he shrugged. "But I don't want you sleeping on here and hurting your back" i huffed.

He strolled towards me and grabbed my wrist, pulling me towards the bed, "two best friends can sleep in the same bed" I laughed as I jumped into the mountain of duvets, Jungkook doing the same.

As we lay side by side I looked at the bright light in the room, "Kook, can you go turn off the light" I moaned, not wanting to get up. "Why can't you do it?!" He turned to me and poked me on the shoulder, "I can't be bothered, please" I pouted at him. "Okay, I'll help you like you helped me earlier" he chuckled as he pushed me off the bed.

"Ouch" I whimpered whilst walking towards the light switch. I flipped it and the room went black, I couldn't see so I felt my way back to the bed. I felt for the duvet, finding Jungkook's face and pretending not to know what it was, he laughed and turned his head, "get off!"
"sorry, I can't see in the dark" I joked.

I lay there scrolling through instagram and Jungkook was on his phone next to me. "But seriously, what should I wear to this party?" I turned to him and thought about the many clothes in my wardrobe, "That dress that you wear like once a year?" He responded, still on his phone. "Oh you mean my Christmas dress?!" I playfully punched him.

I turned off my phone and lay in the dark, closing my eyes. "Hyun-Ae" I heard from beside me, "yes Kook?" I responded, without looking at him. "What do I wear to the party?" I rolled my eyes and shuffled so that I faced him, "your black jeans, shirt and a jacket" I smiled, knowing that he wore this every day (apart from at school). "Good idea" he smirked.

"Goodnight Kook" I whispered, "Goodnight Hyun-Ae" he whispered back.