Fear

I could hear voices, voices that I recognised. Taehyung was talking, "should we wake her?" Next to speak was Jimin, "but she looks so peaceful, I think we should wait awhile and see if she wakes by herself." I smiled to myself at his kind words, "I don't think we have to wait any longer" Jungkook laughed as I opened my eyes, they all stood around my bed, smiling down at me.

"Hey guys" I chuckled awkwardly, getting a little uncomfortable with all their eyes on me. There was a variety of 'hi' 'hey' 'hello' being muttered in unison by everyone around me. And then there was silence, you could hear a pin drop in the room.

"So, what's happening with your foot?" Yoongi broke the unusual silence, "I'm having an operation later, why are you all so quiet?" I saw their eyes looking down, avoiding my gaze. There was another silence, and then Jungkook looked into my eyes, "we just feel a little guilty..." he mumbled.

"Guys look at me, like, actually look at me, not just at my stupid foot." This got their attention. "None of this, not even a tiny bit is your fault. If anything you stopped the situation from getting worse. It was my choice to go to the bathroom alone when I saw him at the other table, so this is my fault. I should have said something but I was too afraid, please don't ever blame yourselves."

Jimin grabbed my hand, "I'm just sorry that we didn't come any sooner, then maybe we could be sat in our new house, rather than stood at a hospital."
"What's this about a new house?" I heard my mum say, the boys turned and I saw her in the doorframe. "I haven't actually... told her... yet..." I whispered.

"So would anyone like to explain?" My mum waited impatiently. "May I speak with you privately? I don't want Hyun-Ae to be stressed before her operation." Jungkook took my mum and they left, I didn't know what he would say to her, but I hoped he was convincing, because I really wanted to live with everyone.

It had been ten minutes and everyone else was talking, attempting to distract me from whatever life decisions my boyfriend and mother were making for me right now.

"Excuse me, are you Hyun-Ae?" A man, who I'm guessing was a doctor, walked in. "Uhh, yes" I smiled awkwardly, unsure of what was happening, the boys looked confused too, and my mum and Jungkook were still talking somewhere. "It's time for your operation, it should only be around an hour so you boys can wait here until she gets back if you want."

I wished Jungkook was here, to give me luck, but everyone else assured me it would be fine. I was wheeled away and I didn't look back, for the fear of fear.