Starting point

Winter was currently moving into a house with Midnight after she surprisingly agreed to let him.

They were both watching the movers do their work.

"You know, Midnight, why'd you let me in?" He looked at her.

He had a collar around his neck that could shock him at any moment.

"Because out of all people, I feel like I can keep a hold of you."

"Oh? That gas doesn't do much if I have a mask, you know?"

"Exactly why you can't use your quirk right now, stupid."

Winter just shrugged. This collar will deliver a shock stopping him from using his quirk. If he tries to power through, it just gets stronger.

This thing is pretty interesting as it just looks like a normal black choker. He would love to take it off and just study it but any attempts to take it off will shock him to unconsciousness.

"You'll be attending UA of tomorrow. Be sure to make some friends. Each teacher has been given a device to shock you so please don't try anything." She sounds like she's actually worried for him.

He read up on Midnight a bit more before coming here. She has a soft spot for children in danger.

"So, how do I get to use my quirk?" Winter looked over to Midnight who was walking away.

"You get to use it when you get to use it. I didn't make the rules."

He ran over to her while saying, "But you can bend them!"

This gets him a chop on the forehead. "No, I can't bend them! Just deal with it. I can't help you."

"fair enough."

He walked over to the back of the couch and front flipped over it landing on it. He threw one leg on the other and got out his phone.

"I didn't know you had such ability, Shatter?" Midnight was kinda impressed.

"Yeah, even though I use a knife, I know my way around free-running and parkour. I'm strong!" He gave a smile and popped up one of his arms and flexed as a joke.

"You'll be going to UA tomorrow. So get some rest and you don't sneak out. we have a tracker in your choker."

"Of course you do..."

The day passed quickly and the very next day of Winter's new life was already happening.

He had just finished eating breakfast that Midnight had cooked. She was in her hero costume just making things a bit awkward.

"Have you thought of... I don't know. Putting something else on while I'm here?"

"Nope. How was breakfast?"

Winter sighed and said, "It was great." Another thought popped into his head. "How am I getting to school?"

Midnight stopped what she was doing and looked Winter in the eyes. "You walk." She said in such a serious tone.

"Oh! I get it! You must be smoking crack if you think I'm walking up there! There's like two big ass hills!"

"Curse one more time and you get shocked." She raised her eyebrows and put a hand on her hip.

"What the hell- AHHHGH!" He got shocked and fell back and hit his head on the floor.

He got up using a chair as support. "They never said a dam- ...THING about a curse limit!"

She leaned back on the counter. "You said it yourself. There are a lot of strings attached to this deal." She gave a smug smirk. "Hurry to school. Or you'll be late."