A whole lot of conflict

Mina and Winter had just got done with their very lengthly conversation about love.

It reached almost two hours as mina had so much to say about the topic. It was worth it as Winter feels like he got a very good grip on what a few emotions were. 

Except for empathy and sympathy. He can barely feel those but only for three people... maybe four. 

it was now also turning night and Winter got up from his seat. "So..." 

Mina got the feeling he was about to say something very bold. She braced for impact and all Winter said was, "What do you want for dinner? Since you're here and I doubt your cooking skills, you might as well eat here." 

Mina breathed a mental sigh and smiled. "Well, your guess was right, I can't cook for the life of me." A small giggle from her was given and Winter began walking away. 

Mina turned on the couch to face him and yelled, "Surprise me!" 

He gave a nod and walked into the kitchen. 

She laid back on the couch and got out her phone. It was about to die but at this point, she was too lazy to move at all. 

She was kinda half hoping that after all that he would do something but nope. He pulled a basic Winter move and just stored it in his brain never to be brought up again. 

"...But I guess it is good to take things slow... we've only known each other for a month or something... sports festival is coming up as well..." 

She put down her hands and placed them on her chest... Her expression was semi disappointed. 

"Yeah! Let's just focus on school for now. There are more important things to be worried about than love!" She nodded her head and realized how hypocritical she sounds. She sat up.  

"Okay, me and him are more than capable people to focus on both!" She was just having an argument in her own head at this point. 

"Okay! But there is nothing wrong with getting to know him a bit better, rushing a relationship is a key to failure!" Mina nods a few times and stood up. 

"Yup, even if he asks me out, I gotta say no!" She turned around to be greeted by Neo with a frown on her face. 

"So, what were you saying? Breaking my poor brother's heart?

Mina fell back on the ground and put her hands up. Neo was spinning her umbrella round and round while glaring at Mina. 

"No! I meant it as in-!" A blade to the throat was what Mina got and her face drained of color. The blade was coming out of the tip of the umbrella. 

Winter made his entrance. 

"Hey, Neo. You're back earlier than expected." 

Both then got a smell of the air and it took them away from the fact that Mina had an umbrella blade to her throat. 

"Why do you have your-" He said while walking over to the couch to see that Neo was threatening Mina. 

"What... what the fuck are you doing?" He just sat there and stared at the scene. There was little to no reason for this to be happening. 

Neo put down the umbrella and signed, "She was planning on denying you! Love wise!" 

Mina had no idea what Neo just signed. 

She looked over to Winter. 

"Don't worry about it, Neo. I'm not some snowflake that gets hurt if the girl I like denies me." Winter said in a calm tone that made Neo calm down.