An understanding

"Why do you want to be my friend?" Those words accidentally escaped his mouth and she heard him loud and clear...

"Eh?"

He, of all people, was just really confused. He's a bad guy and yet she's by his side like they were friends or something!

"Why do you come to me? I've killed people, you know? That's not a joke." He was being serious. Besides, hanging with him would damage her reputation.

"But Winter. What are you here for then?"

"I'm not here because I want too, I got my ass kicked in an alleyway by All Might while trying to escape a trap. I was gonna kill that guy!" He sighed. "It would be better if you didn't talk to me. Just a bad luck charm." He put his hands in his pockets and began to walk away.

"Winter, you idiot!"

He slightly turned around. "What?" He fully turned to her.

"We can't bring back the people you killed but you were sent here for a reason! To get your life back on track! You can ditch that villain lifestyle and become a hero like everyone else in our class! It's better this way! I don't care if the people in our class don't like you, we can change that! Together!!" She took a deep breath.

Winter chuckles a little. "What's so funny!" She yelled.

It eventually turned into full-blown laughter. "Why do you think it's so easy to change how I act? People's opinions don't change with a good night's rest, Uraraka!" He laughed a little more.

Once he stopped he looked her in the eyes with a smile. "But hell, if you're willing to try, I'm not gonna let you do it alone. I'll try and change my ways."

"Promise me!" She put up her pinky. "Promise me that you'll try and change!"

"Really?" He thought. Though... he can't really throw her for a loop. "...fine." He thought. He changed his plans from escaping to just getting this collar off. Then he'll decide if he wants to stay or not.

This is his first time actually having a proper friend as well... well, or at least what he thought was a friend. He doesn't exactly have the best sense of caring.

"Alright. I'll go along for now." He said in a proud tone. He put his pinky to hers and made the promise.

"I won't hesitate to shock you either! We're proper friends, Winter Politain!" They let go of each other.

"Well, that's good. I should probably get moving... I only have a certain amount of time to myself." He turned around. "You can come along if you want."

She obviously did. She jumped over to his side they started walking.

"...So, Uraraka. You live with anyone?" He looked over to his small friend.

"No actually... I live by myself. I moved away from my parents so I could come to UA. What about you? Any family?" She was a bit curious about his background.

He's told her small things but nothing much more.

"Well, I live with Midnight. I was forced there so the heroes could keep an eye on me. But, she's cool."

She just noticed... he completely changed what she asked! "Wait! I asked about your family."

"That is my family, she literally adopted me."

He wasn't lying but he's not answering like she wanted. "No, your family before Midnight."

He knew he wasn't getting around this time. Well, he probably could but was too tired to think of anything.