Sports festival Pt.2

Everyone was told to gather right back at the stage and Neo hopped onto her brothers back right away even though no one was next to them.

"Uh, Neo... why are you on my back again?" Winter asked and he felt her shrug.

So, there probably was no getting her off his back. 

"The top 42 have earned their right to advance! I'm sorry to all the kids who failed, but take it to heart! The festival's showstopper is still being prepared!" Midnight was standing up there yelling to all the students in front of her. "And now for the post-preliminaries, the final selection!" With a crack of Midnight's whip she smiled. "From here on out, even the press corps will teem in a white heat of excitement, so go all out!!" 

"Now then! onto today's heart-pounding second event! I already know what it will be but the suspense is killing me! What could it be? Well, I'll tell you!!" Midnight flicked her hand towards the screen behind her. 

A cavalry battle was the second event for the day and most students seem to be a little shocked by it. Midnight was about to speak until she was cut off by the students repeatedly. 

The rules were so simple it was hard to not know what it was even if you weren't listening. Just about the end and the two winners heard something they should be very concerned about. 

"The winner was supposed to be worth ten million points but since they came in at the same time, both are worth five! Million! Each!" 

Both of them freeze as they felt all eyes on them. 

"And, a new rule as been presented for them! Neither of them can go invisible or they will be eliminated!" Midnight smiled at them and Neo got off his back. 

They both point to Midnight. 

"You can't do that! That's how we were planning on winning!!" Winter yelled for the both of them. 

That was their main way of winning. Honestly, they could find another way of winning but it would be so much more taxing instead of being invisible for ten or so minutes. Neo looked up to Winter with a determined look, she nodded to her brother and they both stare at Midnight with a resolute look. 

They were more than ready to do this. Winning is basically all they care about right now.  

"Bring it on if any of you think you can touch us!" Winter boldly exclaimed and they struck a pose together... 

They both realize they've been watching too many JoJo memes.

They stand up properly and Winter cleared his throat. 

After a bit more explaining from Midnight, the rules were set in stone and everyone was just about ready to form their teams. 

"Alright! You all have fifteen minutes to set up your teams!" Midnight began to move off the stage as most people were surprised about how little time they got to form teams. 

Winter and Neo already knew they only needed to find three more people. But they were sure they could do this all by themselves. 

Not surprisingly, not a single person approached them to be on their team. There was one, Mei Hatsume but they turned her down as just about everything she brought over to them looked extremely dangerous and cumbersome. Which would throw their lightweight way of moving out the window. 

"I really don't think we'll be getting anyone else on our team...

"Yup, probably not. You think at least Mina or Midoriya would have joined us." 

What surprised Neo was Bakugo walking up behind her. 

They both turn at the same time before he was even able to get her attention.