Devie (Doug x Evie) #1

Doug's POV

 I'm the biggest dork on the face of the Earth but yet somehow I managed to score the most beautiful princess in all of Auradon, my darling Evie. I remember when the first VKs (her included) came to Auradon and almost everyone was afraid of them, but I wasn't. They all intrigued me, especially Evie. I could see a lot of light in her despite her being the offspring of one of the most evil villains there is. She's just so innocent... and so very beautiful. There's far more to her than beauty though. She's intelligent, kind, compassionate, stylish, creative, and so much more. 

     I'm currently waiting for her outside of her dorm. We're going down to the enchanted lake for a date tonight. I paid Ben twenty dollars to set it up for us, which includes candlelight by the water. I scoped it out an hour ago and it looked marvelous. Ben really outdoes himself with every task he's assigned. When Evie steps out of her dorm though, I gasp aloud. "E-Evie, you look stunning." She blushes and grabs a hold of my hand. "Thank you. You look handsome Doug. Let's go, shall we?" I nod and lead her down to the enchanted lake. She then gasps this time. "Doug, this is beautiful. You really did this just for me?" I chuckle. "Well for us but mainly for you. I wanted to impress you. Did it work?" She nods. "It absolutely did." 

     I then serve her a tray of food that Ben had a chef whip up for us. The tray of food consists of finger sandwiches, bagels with cream cheese, various flavors of muffins, pasta salad, and more. There's so much here that it's hard to settle on just one thing... which is why Evie and I opt to have a little bit of everything. The food is divine as is this night. Evie stares at me with adoration in her eyes and I blush. "Doug, thank you for tonight. This means so much to me. I love you." I blush and give her a small smile, one that's only meant just for her. "I love you too Evie." Without another word, I lean forward and begin kissing her. Our lips most in perfect sync. Hers are so soft and taste like a cherry (she uses cherry flavored lip balm a lot). 

      We kiss for a couple of minutes before pulling apart. She then leans her head on my shoulder and I wrap my arms around her, the two of us enjoying this ever so fine night. I wish every night could be like this but sadly Monday's just around the corner. 

I hope that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary