Maudrey (Mal x Audrey) #3

Mal's POV

  Audrey is still in a comatose like state due to the power of my mother's staff having been too much for her to handle. It would be too much anyone to handle who hasn't had years worth of training like I have (I am Maleficent's daughter after all). My father Hades has been coming around to fulfilling fatherly duties slowly but surely. He even agreed to help me attempt to wake Audrey up. I feel really bad for Ben right now because he's about to find out that I fell in love with someone else. I know he's going to realize it by my reaction if Audrey does wake up. 

       I take a shaky breath as I watch my father work his magic with the ember on Audrey. Within a few minutes, her body flies straight up and she opens her eyes. She looks around in confusion before her eyes land on me of all people. My heart begins to race and I sweat all over. I probably will reek from perspiration within a few minutes but I'll deal with that later by taking a shower back at my dorm building. "Mal, why?" I look at her in confusion. "Why what?" "A-After all I've done to you, why would you save me?" I look at her sadly. "I've done a lot to you too. My apology to you is long overdue. I'm so sorry for all of the hurt I've caused you Audrey. The truth is... I-I...I-I..." She tilts her head. "Mal, are you okay?" I laugh sadly. I'm the one that should be asking that question, not the other way around. 

     "I love you." Silence immediately fills the room. Every person's jaw is slack and Ben looks like he's about to burst into tears. I glance at him for a minute. "I'm sorry that you had to find out like this Ben but you're a smart guy. Surely you must have sensed that something was off between us lately." He nods but doesn't say anything. I'm feeling such an array of emotions right now. Audrey slowly sits up on the edge of the bed and motions for me to come over to her. I hesitantly join her side. "Yes Audrey?" She puts her hands on both of my cheeks and pulls my face so I'm looking straight at her. "I love you too Mal." 

       I'm absolutely breathless hearing those words aloud. "R-Really?" She nods. "Really. Let's put the past behind us and start a beautiful new story together. How does that sound?" I smile softly. "That sounds perfect." Everyone in the room begins to applaud us except for Ben. He storms out of the room. I sigh to myself. Ben will get over it eventually. He'll find another Auradon girl and will sweep her off her feet. Besides, being the future queen of Auradon doesn't really suit me. I enjoy having my freedom rather than being bogged down with a heavy title. 

I hope that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary