Devie (Doug x Evie) #3

Doug's POV

  I'm a little embarrassed to admit this... but I'm letting Evie do my hair. She happens to love my long locks and really want to do something exotic with them. I usually just wear it down or in a ponytail but she wants to spice it up for a change. I've provided her with hair dye, elastics, various hair products, etc. I sit up straight on a stool and let Evie do her thing. When Evie is on a mission, you'd have to be an absolute fool to attempt to distract her. I would know because I've had to learn that lesson the hard way a couple of times, especially back when we first started dating. 

     I sit in the stool for what feels like hours but actually is only a half an hour. Evie sprayed hair spray into my hair twice, twisted it three times, and put two hair elastics into my hair. She gets all giddy and turns me around so I can see my new do reflecting in the mirror. "So Doug, what do you think?" I never looked that great in braids but I don't want to hurt Evie's feelings because she puts a lot of effort into making people look their best here in Auradon. "Well it's different than what I'm used to but it's good. Thank you for doing my hair Evie."

      She frowns a bit. "I'm sensing that it's not entirely your cup of tea." I sigh. "I don't want to hurt your feelings. I guess I'm just used to my other hairstyles and this doesn't feel like me. I know much effort you put into your styling crafts and the thought of me ruining your spirits makes me feel like a sack of crap. I'm sorry baby girl." She sighs too. "It's okay Doug. I'll fix it back to your natural style." She tries not to tear up as she undoes her work. About halfway through, I stop her from going further. "I do have a compromise. I've been curious about how I would look sporting a man bun. Can we try that?" That causes her frown to shift into a small smile. "I think you'd look so handsome in a man bun. We can definitely try it!" 

      This process takes about forty five minutes but when it's done, I definitely like the man bun a lot more than the braid. A genuine smile spreads across my face. "Evie, this feels more like me. Thank you for redoing my hair and being so understanding." She kisses me on the cheek. "Anything for you my dear." I end up taking a stab at doing Evie's hair afterwards. Who knew that styling hair could be so relaxing? 

I hope that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary