Bal (Ben x Mal) #2 (Part 1)

Mal's POV

 I hate to admit that I'm attracted to this prince Ben guy... but I am. I know that he has a girlfriend already (who is an uptight bitch but that's beside the point). He's just so cute and innocent, the exact opposite of how I am. That's one of the main reasons why I find him so attractive. He offered to give my friends and I a complete tour of Auradon Prep. I'm playing along with having interest in this silly school. Don't get me wrong it is indeed impressive, but I have more important matters to attend to. If I can grow closer to Ben, I may obtain access to Fairy Godmother's wand (the main reason why we agreed to come here in the first place).

      Bitchy Audrey shows up about halfway through the tour, clinging tighter to Ben every time he looks my way. I put on a fake smile and pretend like it doesn't bother me. I'm the most feared offspring on the Isle and here in Auradon, nothing bothers me. When the tour finally comes to an end, Ben bids everyone farewell one by one, saving me for last. Audrey clearly hates this but keeps her mouth shut for once. "Mal, it was lovely meeting you. I hope you find Auradon to be of satisfaction. I want nothing more than for you and your friends to have a smooth transition period here. If you need anything and I mean anything, please don't hesitate to contact me." When Audrey looks away, he slides a piece of paper with his phone number on it into my jacket pocket. He winks at me before Audrey tugs him elsewhere. 

        I pull the piece of paper out of my pocket and smile to myself. I have Ben's number, score! This is definitely a step in the right direction. When I get back to my dorm that I'm sharing with Evie, I show her the slip of paper and she squeals. "Mal, this is great! We're not only one step closer to obtaining the wand, but you may end up getting a royal boyfriend out of this." I scoff. "Evie, he doesn't like me like that. He may think I'm a pretty face but nothing more." She puts her hands on her hips. "That's a lie Mal and you know it. He's obviously not happy with Audrey. She drags him around like a rag doll. He hates it, I can see it on his face as clear as day." 

          She puts a hand on my shoulder and rubs it gently. "There's an old saying and I think it applies well to this current scenario." She takes a deep breath. "If you have feelings for two people, whether that be romantic and/or sexual ones, always go for the second person because if you really liked the first person, why would you fall for someone else?" I take a moment to ponder that and come to the revelation that Evie's absolutely right. "Evie, that's so true." She grins. "I know it is. Every now and then I like to think that I provide helpful words of wisdom to others. Seriously though, you've got this Mal." I smile both at Evie and at my reflection in the mirror. "I've got this." 

I hope that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary