Huma (Harry x Uma) #3

Harry's POV

 It's Uma and I's first Christmas here in Auradon and I want it to be extra special for us. Gil, Uma, and I all got invited to a Christmas party that Mal and Ben are having in the castle. They invited only their closest friends and family to the event. I'm glad the entire school won't be there. The intimacy of this party makes it even mores special in my opinion. We've all worked through our differences over the past few months and are all at least civil with one another. We're all doing a secret Yankee gift swap. Everyone involved in the gift swap sits around the Christmas tree. We're all too excited to open the gifts and play the game that Ben agreed to do this first before eating. That earned him a standing ovation and slight ego boost. We all pick our numbers out of a hat. Ten of us participated in total so it won't take ages to complete this ritual thankfully. I end up getting number one which is the best number to get because I have the power to swap with anyone else's gift. In other words, if someone receives a better gift than me, I have the power to obtain that gift for myself. May the gift swapping commence!

        I go for a large gift bag that Uma hands me since it's right in front of her. I rub my hands together and dig in. It's a giant sleigh full of chocolate. Chocolate is one of my weaknesses. I want to keep it for now but something better may come along. We'll just have to wait and see. Uma laughs and leans her on my shoulder. "I low key know that you don't want to give up that sleigh full of chocolate. Since you love me so much, I know you'd be willing to split it with me." I chuckle and kiss her on the forehead. "Absolutely love." I watch everyone else open their gifts and keep my sleigh full of chocolate. Surprisingly no one attempts to take it from me. Uma ended up getting the number ten so she gets the last pick. 

       I watch Uma unwrap a medium sized package and her eyes light up. It's a pair of new boots in her exact size. Whoever bought that gift probably knew that she was participating. I'm quite impressed and I'm delighted that she received a gift that she genuinely loves. She hugs the boots tightly to her chest. "Harry, this is exactly what I wanted. Whoever bought these boots must have had an inkling that I'd wind up receiving them. I'm so happy." My eyes soften when I look at her. "'I'm so happy for you darling. Why don't you try them on?" She nods and tries them on, walking around a bit in them too. She even does an adorable spin in them. A squeal slips out of her mouth. "Harry, they're so comfortable and look so stylish on me. These boots were made for me!"

        I smile. "Indeed they are." I gently pull her body close to mine and gaze deeply into her eyes. "Merry Christmas Eve my Captain." She blushes and looks up at me with the same softness in her eyes. "Merry Christmas Eve Harry." I then seal the distance between the two of us and we share a kiss under the mistletoe. BEST CHRISTMAS EVE EVER!

I hope that you guys liked this one shot! I won't be updating tomorrow since it's Christmas so Merry Christmas! Also, my new cover is attached down below in case you want to watch it.  :) -Mary