Bal (Ben x Mal) #2 (Part 3)

Mal's POV

That night...

 I'm about to retire to the world of slumber for the night when a loud series of knocks forces me out of bed. Evie flashes me a look of confusion and mouths "Who is that?" I mouth back to her "I don't know" and go to answer the door. My eyes widen when I see that it's Ben standing before me. "B-Ben, what brings you by so late?" He enters the room without asking and Evie nearly swoons. Evie's a fanatic when it comes to attractive guys being in her presence. He looks me right in the eyes and bluntly says "You." 

      I raise an eyebrow at him. "What do you mean me? What did I do?" His expression becomes very serious. "I broke up with Audrey who has been my girlfriend for two years before you came along. When you came to Auradon, something shifted in me. I was instantly attracted to you but I also really wanted to get to know you on a more personal level. You're different from any other girl I've ever met and I mean that in the best possible way." My hands begin to shake and my legs nearly give out from under me. "So what do you want from me here? I'm not princess material Ben. I'm the daughter of the most feared villain from the Isle of the Lost. It's not like people are banging down doors to be with someone like me." 

        He moves even closer to me. "But I am. I have a crush on you Mal and I can't deny it anymore. I'm not expecting you to rush into anything with me but I think it'd be wonderful if we could give us a shot and see where it goes. Nothing too serious, just one day at a time. Am I crazy? Please be honest with me." My jaw is slack and I'm staring at him like a deer in headlights. If I make one wrong move her, I'll blow this not only for myself but for my best friends too. Ben clears his throat in order to get my complete attention. "Mal, will you go out with me?" Evie squeals in the background and motions for me to agree to this. I take a moment to ponder such a serious decision before nodding my head with a small smile. "Yes Ben, I'll go out with you." 

          He does this super dorky but adorable victory dance before scooping me up for a hug before leaving me and Evie be to rest some sleep tonight. The ironic thing is I was exhausted moments before he showed up and now I'm too elated to go to sleep. You've got to love catching a good case of feelings  for someone right?

I hope that you guys liked this one shot! I also hope that you guys enjoyed this one shot series as a whole! Until next time, this is farewell. :) <3 -Mary