Jaylos (Jay x Carlos) #3

Carlo's POV

 It's New Year's Eve, 11:50 pm to be exact. We're ten minutes away from ringing in the new year in Auradon. It seems like everyone around me has their midnight kiss... everyone except for me that is. I want to feel included in this cheesy fad like everyone else. I do have a crush but I don't know if he likes me back in that way. I look at him from across the room and sigh. Oh Jay, if only you knew how much I like you. I stare at him for a couple minutes more before he notices me staring at him. My heart begins to race as he makes his way across the room, heading towards me. 

     I take a shaky breath and smile up at him. "Jay, what's up?" He smirks. "You've been staring at me from across the room for two minutes straight. Do you like what you see?" I blush and avert my gaze down to the floor. "Oh shut up Jay." He puts a finger on my chin, cupping my face so that I'm looking directly into his eyes. "Carlos, I have a little dilemma. It's five minutes to midnight and I have no one to kiss to ring in the New Year." My face turns absolutely scarlet red. "T-That is a dilemma indeed. I-I don't have anyone to kiss either." He pats my cheek. "That's great! I'll be right back, I just have to pee." He quickly goes to the bathroom and it's one minute to midnight. 

       I begin tapping my foot because I don't want either of us to miss the chance of having a kiss on New Year's Eve right when the clock strikes twelve. He comes back just as the clock strikes twelve. The next thing I know, I'm scooped up off of the floor and in his arms. His lips crash against mine and I kiss him back. I'm both breathless and stunned when we pull apart. My eyes soften as I stare into his brown orbs that melt me. "I was your top choice for your New Year's kiss?" His cocky expression shifts into a softer one. "You were my only choice for my New Year's kiss. Happy New Year Carlos! With that being said, will you do be the honor of kicking off this year by becoming my boyfriend?" 

         I squeal with delight and jump up and down. "I'd love to be your boyfriend! I've liked you for so long Jay. By the way, you were my only choice for my New Year's kiss. Happy New Year to you too." He wraps his arms around me in a protective manner. "My Carlos." I do the same and say "My Jay." 

I hope that you guys liked this one shot! My new cover is attached below in case you want to check it out. :) -Mary