Devie (Doug x Evie) #2

Evie's POV

 Doug appears to be under a spell thanks to Audrey. I gently lifted his body (with the help of Mal and Uma) up onto a table. I stare at him with pure wonder. He looks so peaceful when he sleeps. I've never watched him sleep before. I want to wake him up but being the weird girl that I am, I let the moment linger a little longer than it should. Mal and Uma are getting fed up with me so I know I have to wake him up pronto. Since we're in Auradon, the land of fairytales and pure magic, the best way to wake him up would probably be a kiss, a "True Love's Kiss" that is.

    I gently tuck a strand of Doug's hair behind his ear and move my face closer to his. Our lips are just inches apart from one another's. I seal the distance between us and kiss him passionately. The magic begins to flow throughout both his body and mine. A minute later, he shoots straight up into a sitting position on the table. "Evie? Where am I? What's going on?" I give him a shy smile. "Hi Doug. We're in my private castle here in Auradon. Audrey turned into a rogue villain thanks to the influence of Maleficent's specter which she managed to steal from the museum the other night. I think the reality of her not getting to be queen pushed her over the edge. I feel bad for her but that doesn't mean she should become a villain, you know?" 

      He nods. "I'm guessing that because of her dark magic that I was put under a spell... Do you think other people in Auradon have been put under a spell?" I nod. "Sadly many of them have. One of the few that managed to not be put under the spell was Jane. She's currently outside with Carlos. The two love birds are relieved to have each other during this troubling time." Doug smiles. "Speaking of love birds, you happen to be an amazing kisser." I blush instantly. "You really think so?" He smiles sincerely. "I really do Evie. That was hands down the best kiss I've ever had. I'm also just so happy that you're my girlfriend. I mean after all, look at me and look at you."

       I frown slightly. "Oh Doug, there's nothing wrong with you. I like you for who you are. Just because I have a title here in Auradon now, that doesn't make me better than anyone else. When I first came here from the Isle of the Lost, you were one of the few people to treat my friends and I with respect. You didn't run away from us like we were monsters and that's how I knew you were special." Doug ends up blushing too. "You're a sweetheart, I love you Evie." I kiss him on the cheek. "I love you too Doug. Now let's put an end to Audrey's evil reign. The more hands on deck for this mission, the better." 

I hope that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary