Bal (Ben x Mal) #1

Bal (Ben x Mal) #1

Ben's POV

 Being a king honestly isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Sometimes, I dream of what it would be like to be bad. I'm not saying that I'd want to be a villain but I feel as though it wouldn't hurt to be a bit edgier. I feel weird at times having a girlfriend that's edgier than I am. I remember that one time a couple years ago I went with Evie, Carlos, and Jay to the Isle of the Lost to try to find Mal after she ran away. I didn't pass remotely close to a villain but I loved the edgy outfit I was wearing. It was designed by Evie and let me tell you that when it comes to fashion, that girl has game. She's the true definition of a fashionista and I have no shame in admitting that aloud. 

     I watch Mal get dressed for the day ahead. She has the most amazing body that I've had so many fantasies about. I know that sounds kind of creepy but I mean it in a flattering way. "Mal, would you like me more if I were a bad boy?" She snorts. "What caused you to think that way Ben? I like you just how you are." I blush and begin stuttering, a habit of mine when I'm nervous. "Y-Yeah I-I know b-but I feel like I-I could be more appealing if I-I were s-slightly edgier." I tense up a bit as she laughs at me. She frowns when she sees a look of hurt pass across my face. "Aw love, I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at the prospect of you changing who you are. I love you Ben. I love the person that you are. You inspired me to become a better person and thanks to you, I am now. Pretty much everyone accepts my presence along with the right of the VKs which is thanks to you. You gave us a chance when everyone else wanted to shun us back to the Isle in the very beginning. Your big heart is my favorite thing about you." 

      I smile and cup her face gently. "Thank you for the validation Mal. I'm sorry that my insecurities got the best of me for a moment there." She pecks me on the lips. "It happens to all of us eventually. It's happened to me too MANY times. I totally understand Ben." I sit contently watching her finished getting dressed (I was already dressed before her because I managed to wake up first for once). The two of us then head hand in hand for out planned picnic outing down in the courtyard in the center of Auradon. All of my insecurities wash themselves away as I spend time with my favorite girl in the world. I'm so blessed to have her as my girlfriend. 

I hope that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary