Malvie (Mal x Evie) #4

Mal's POV

 Ben and I have been broken up for a few months now. He got over his feelings for me and we were still able to remain friends which is nice. I have a new dilemma though... I think I may have a crush on Evie. I think she may like me too but I need some actual proof. I sit and think for a few minutes when a brilliant idea pops into my head. I need to borrow someone to flirt with me in front of her to see whether or not she gets jealous. If she does get jealous, then I definitely have my answer. I know just the guy too. 

      I march over to Harry's dorm and knock loudly. Knowing him, he's either asleep or fooling around with Uma in some capacity. Uma opens the door looking half asleep. "Uma, I need to borrow Harry for a little while. I know he's basically your boyfriend so I'm going to be upfront and ask for your permission to have him flirt with me." She raises an eyebrow. "Why would I allow that to happen?" I roll my eyes. "I don't actually want to date Harry. I want to borrow him just to see if Evie gets jealous or not." She smirks at me. "Well in that case, yes. I knew the two of you had a secret thing for each other! I called it months ago and no one believed me. Yeah, you can borrow Harry. Can I come with you guys though?" I nod. "Sure." 

        Uma calls for Harry to get ready and a few minutes later, the three of us are heading to Evie and I's dorm. Evie is having a lazy day today so we don't need a fancy setting for this plan to go down. Evie is painting her toenails when we walk in. I smile at her. "Hey Evie, your nails are looking cute." She smiles back at me. "Thank you Mal. Hey Uma and Harry." Uma waves while Harry begins working his charm on me. He moves closer to me and runs his hook through my hair. "Mal, your locks are luscious. I could run both my hand and my hook through them all day long. They match your pretty face so well." I glance at Evie and notice that she looks furious. I then glance at Uma to see her smirking at me. 

        I take a shaky breath and continue the act. "Thank you Harry. You're quite handsome. We should hang out sometime. What do you say?" He wraps his arms around me and hugs me. "Absolutely." Evie jumps out of her bed and nearly knocks over the tube of nail polish she was using just moments ago. "MAL, STOP IT! PLEASE..." The desperation in her voice is enough to snap me out of the trance of the act. "Evie, is everything okay?" She sighs. "I don't like when other people flirt with you." I smile softly and move closer to her. "Why is that?" She too takes a shaky breath and looks me in the eyes. "Because I like you, like like you..." Uma steps in to have the moment a bit. "That's wonderful Evie because Mal happens to like you too. She asked for my permission to borrow Harry for this little experiment to find out whether or not your feelings for her were mutual. It appears that they are and I'm so happy for you both."

        I take Evie's hands in mine and squeeze them gently. "She's right Evie, I do have feelings for you too. Will you be my girlfriend?" She squeezes my hands back and kisses me on the cheek, causing me to blush. "Absolutely Mal." Harry grins at us. "I knew that this plan would work. Well Uma, our work here is done. Let's leave these two lovebirds alone, shall we?" She nods and they bid us farewell. When they're gone, it's only then that the two of us begin making out passionately, months of longing that was held back on both ends coming to the surface through these kisses. I'm so relieved that this plan actually worked and didn't backfire on me for once.  

I hope that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary