Jaylos (Jay x Carlos) #2

Jay's POV

 I've decided to challenge Carlos to an arm wrestling match. He's been practicing a lot with Lonnie, Ben, and Harry to prepare for the occasion. It's adorable how dedicated he is to kicking my butt at something as insignificant as arm wrestling but yet I have to admire his level of dedication. Mal volunteered to set up the arm wrestling table though Evie of course had to add her flare to it too, which includes an arm wrestling themed center piece on top of it. Oh, how we love those girls (no that wasn't entirely sarcastic). 

    Carlos sits down across from me and straightens up completely. There's a glint of determination in his eyes that I haven't seen in a little while. I really like how determination looks on my baby boy. I match his look of determination with one of my own. Ben appears out of nowhere and being the royal king that he is, of course he has to recite the rules of arm wrestling off of an old fashioned scroll. I roll my eyes at his such Ben like act. When he's done reading all of the rules, he blows a whistle and we're allowed to start the match. 

     A few grunts actually escape from my mouth about five minutes into the match because Carlos is holding his own against me far better than I expected him too. I love Carlos dearly but he's never been notorious for having upper body strength. I've clearly underestimated him though and if I lose this match, I'll own up to it. Ten minutes later, Carlos staring at my lips distracts me enough for him to take advantage of my slip up and win the match. I'm not fond of losing but when it comes to Carlos, I don't mind in the slightest. I love seeing my baby boy happy and he's currently flashing one of his breathtaking smiles. My heart is melting at how happy he is over such a minor victory. 

     "Congrats Carlos, you beat me and I'm so proud of you. I have to admit that you took me by surprise and I now know not to underestimate you in any way ever again." He pulls me in for a hug. "Thank you for being a good sport about it Jay. I know you're super athletic and losing is rarity for you, which probably isn't an easy pill to shallow." I chuckle. "You know me so well Carlos." The girls and Ben hang out with us for awhile after the match is over. Ben was gracious enough to bring over a snack platter and who can resist that? Fools, only absolute fools could resist that. This time though, I end up beating Carlos in the food consumption match. I beat him to that point where I end up gagging in the toilet while he holds my hair back. Talk about romantic, right?

I hope that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary