Bal (Ben x Mal) #2 (Part 2)

Ben's POV

  It's kind of weird to say this aloud, but I feel like I've been put under a spell. I developed an instant crush on Mal. I know it's wrong because I already have a girlfriend *cough cough* Audrey. Audrey drags me down more often than not. I honestly don't know why I'm still with her. I should call it off with her. I take a deep breath and head to her dorm room. I know that this is what I have to do but I should have the decency to at least do it in person rather than by text. I'm not a fan of breaking up with someone over text but I know that long distance couples don't always have a choice in that matter. 

     When I get to Audrey's dorm, I knock a little loudly so I know she'll hear me. A minute later, she opens the door and smiles at me. "Benny Boo, what brings you by my humble abode?" I look at her with a serious expression and her smile shifts to a frown. "Something's wrong, isn't it? Please come inside though, I don't want anyone to hear whatever it is that you're about to tell me." I nod and hesitantly step inside. "Audrey, you might want to sit for this." She pats the spot next to her on her bed but I opt to stand and pace instead. "A-Audrey, you know that I care about you right?" She nods. "I do indeed Ben. Spit it out though, you're making me nervous." 

       I bite my lip. "I'm so sorry... but I think we should break up. Although I do care about you, I don't have romantic and/or sexual feelings for you anymore. I don't feel that spark that was there back when we first got together. In all honesty, I think that spark has been gone for awhile." She lip quivers and her eyes water up. I immediately feel like a piece of crap despite knowing that this is the best decision for both of us in the long run. "I-I don't know what to say. I thought I was a good girlfriend Ben. What did I do wrong?" My heart breaks a little. "You've done nothing wrong Audrey, it's me. It would be unfair for me to pretend like I have feelings for you for years to come when I don't. You deserve to be with someone who reciprocates having feelings for you."

      Audrey looks at me in disgust. "So you're admitting that you've been leading me on for awhile?" I look down in shame and nod my head. "I'm an intelligent person and I should have known better than to have stuck around for as long as I did. How could I have been so naive? I can't believe that I let you do this to me." I look at her sadly. "Audrey, I sincerely am sorry. I wanted to do this in person rather than over a crappy text. Don't I get any props for that?" She puts her hand up to silence me. "Please leave Ben." I sigh and get up to leave. Before I step out the door though, I hear her say as clear as day "I know the real reason you're breaking up with me, it's because you like Mal." I feel immense guilt but I can't deny that claim. She's right, I do like Mal...

I hope that you guys liked this part of this one shot! :) -Mary