Part 2 - Pilot D

Last call was made and D strode with swag of a King.He and his assistant were the last to board the plane.

A lady cabin crew drooled at the hulk who just smiled consciously pulling his T-shirt in the middle to cover his exposed chest. The gentle giant obliged for some selfies with the crew. He was shown his seat which was an aisle at the first row. Pramod booked it as it had legroom to accommodate D's long legs however his gaze shifted to the window seat in the corner and the kid inside him surfaced.

D: I want to sit near the window !! I want that seat !!

He pointed and whined. The crew exchanged looks.His assistant tugged his tshirt.

"Annayya, they're watching us...sshhh...be calm."

D: But I want the window seat !

"You only asked for aisle seat so that it would be easy for you to use the restroom."

D: Huh...maybe...but now I change my mind.I want the window seat. You sit on the aisle seat.

He jostled himself inside and sat at his preferred seat hugging his backpack to his chest he looked out of the window.

D: Wow ! So many planes! 1...2...3....

"Excuse me sir, you can't hold your bag like that you have to place it in the overhead compartment or beneath the seat"said the air hostess.

D: Huh...uh...my bag...I have gift for Sweetu ma inside this...

He hugged his bag not willing to part with it.

"Annayya, pass it to me I'll keep it up."

D: Mmm...don't want ra someone might steal it when we are asleep.I'll put it here.

He placed it below his seat.

"Sir, pls put on your seatbelt."

He hated to put on seatbelts as it restricted his freedom. He strapped it on and faked a grin to the air hostess. Once she was out of sight, D unbuckled the seatbelt.

"Why did you remove it now? It's for your own safety no.."

D: Po ra ! What safety ? If whole plane is going to crash you think this petty belt can save us ? We can't run also. We will be cremated with the seat itself but now if there is an emergency I will easily take my bag and rush to be the first in que to exit the plane.

"What if they're landing on water how will you escape?"

Giving an all knowing smile, he picked up the emergency evacuation card from the pocket and held it infront of his assistant.

D: See this, if we are landing on water pilot uncle will press a button and this balloon slide will come out.We can slide our way down.If during flight there is no air for us to breathe,again pilot uncle will press main button then oxygen mask will fall on our head we can put it on and breathe like patients in ICU.

"Aiyooo annayya we have not even taken off and you're speaking negatively as it is I am afraid of flight travel above that you're scaring me..."

D: Ok ra I won't say anything. You are not used to travel that's why you feel that way but I am a frequent flyer so take it from me. This is all their tactics to make naughty children bound to their seats so they don't trouble others.

"Maybe.I don't know I still feel safe with the seatbelt on."

D:😏You won't listen but I'm going to be like this.Don't expose me to them. Sshhh...Nishabdham....🤫

The aircraft pushed back.

His eyes shut, D's assistant took deep breaths to calm himself when he heard some fervent chanting.He looked to his right,the direction it was coming from.

D: Sri anjaneyam prasannanjaneyam...prabha divya kayam prakirthi pradhayam bhaje vaayuputram...bhaje vaayuputram...bhaje vaayuputram...uh...hu...oh no kannamma taught me but I forgot what comes after that...never mind...jai anjaneya...jai anjaneya...

D was praying with palms joined and eyes closed. His assistant looked him up and down.

"For this why he has to talk big😏"he mumbled to himself.

Flight took off. D stopped chanting and relaxed. He was thrilled that he was on air. He looked out of the window as the plane went higher everything below seemed liked ants to him and he showed funny faces at those.

D: Hihihi you're all so tiny I'm bigger than you !

He put on the headphones over his head. He sat properly then kept his hands infront pretending to hold the joystick controller of the plane and moved back and forth. His assistant looked at him in confusion.

"What now ?"

D just winked at him and made a short speech,

D: Hello darlings! This is your pilot, darling aka Amarendra Baahubali taking you to London. Pls sit back and enjoy the flight! Vvrooom....vrooom...

The assistant tapped D on his shoulder.

"Hello,this is plane not your sahoo bike.."he mocked.

D: Ssshhh co-pilot, don't distract me I am busy right now...Vroom...vrooom....

"Haiyoooo ramaaa !!!"he uttered smacking his forehead.

However D ignored him and carefully flew the "plane". The cabin crew were serving drinks to everyone. When they came to D's row,

"Sir, would you like to have apple juice, orange juice or any soft drinks...?"asked the male cabin crew.

The assistant took a coke and looked at D.

D: Vrooom....vrooom...pee...pee...

D honked the horn so that if there was any plane infront they would move to one side to give him way. He was elbowed by his assistant.

D: Sshh, I told you not to...

"They are asking what juice you want..."

D: Huh...uh...what juices you have ?

"Apple juice, orange juice and soft drinks. What would you like to have sir?"he asked politely.

D: Mmm...Juices are for kids, soft drinks are for men, I'm a legend, the one and only Darling so I'll have.... WHISKEY ! Hihihihi....

"Sure sir, pls give me a moment I'll come back to you."

Saying, the flight attendant left to get the drinks. He brought D's whiskey on the rocks. Just the way he liked it.

"Sir, your whiskey."he offered.

D passed the controller to his co-pilot.

D: You hold this and move it like I did while I drink my whiskey...careful ra don't leave it all our lives are dependent on you...!

The poor fella obeyed as he was told. D brought the whiskey close to his lips almost going to sip it when a thought occurred to him,

D: Mmm...I don't want whiskey I changed my mind. You take this and I will have your coke.

He exchanged his drink with his assistant.

"Huh...why suddenly ??"

D: Moddhu, I'm flying no...if I booze I might go and crash the plane somewhere, it's not safe for passengers. Moreover on road itself drunken driving penalty is 10,000 rupees imagine on air what the fine would be ? I might have to pawn UV creations documents. Pramod and Vamsi will get angry.No...no don't want.

He continued flying.