Part 29 - The greater sin

The next morning,

Sweety was in deep sleep when her phone shrilled.After a few continuous rings,she stirred from her slumber.Rubbing her eyes,she picked her phone and saw the name on the screen.

S: Prashi...😴

Ps: Gd morning Sweetamma!

S: Good morning dear...have you reached ?

Ps: Yes just arrived.How is your Sahoo ?

S: Huh...uh...Thanks for reminding me...let me check on him,hold on.Pupsoo pa...pupsoo...

She called but there was no response from him.She felt his one feet resting on the curve of her waist.She picked it up and placed it aside.His other leg was found resting atop the bed frame.

S: Where did the face go ?

She searched under the covers and found him,his head dangling from the edge of the bed on the opposite side.He was motionless.Crawling over his side,she kept two fingers under his beak and then shifted the covers to scan his body.

S: He is breathing Prashi...still alive...but the attack was quite brutal...a lot of nail,teeth marks and bruises all over...there is a cut on his lips too...😰

Ps: Oh no ! What have you done to the Bahubali?You know he is a kid you should have been more gentle with him Sweetamma

Ps: Oh no ! What have you done to the Bahubali?You know he is a kid you should have been more gentle with him Sweetamma...😥

S: Yeah I don't know what came over me in that moment...I didn't think...he looked like a plump turkey served on plate so I....mmm...it was too much for him to handle I guess...paapam...

Ps: Ok you look after the boy,I'll hang up now.Don't forget the glucose.Bye.

S: Mmm..ok...bye...

S picked her bathrobe from the floor and wrapped herself.Lifting her deadsooo chi pupsooo,she placed him properly on the bed pulling the sheet over his bare body up till his chest.She then went to the kitchen and mixed some sugar and salt water as there was no glucose available.

Returning to the room,she raised his head gently.

S: Pupsooo pa...baby...ammu...come have this first.

She cooed to him several times until he opened his eye slowly to her smiling face. 

S: Good morning my baby! 🥰

D was too weak to talk.He couldn't even lift his neck to sip the drink so using the spoon she put a drop to wet his dehydrated lips.He grimaced when the water touched his lips that was cut.The salt caused a burning sensation.

S: Oops sorry baby sorry baby...

She fed him without touching his lips.Once the liquid went into his system he felt better and mumbled something.

S: Sorry pupsoo pa...pls speak louder I can't hear...

D: Nuvvu naa pakkana unnantha varaku...nannu champe ammayi inka puttaledhu bangaram...(No lady can ever kill me so long as you are beside me bangaram)