Part 5 - Crush on Candy

D felt uneasy and looked around.He bent over his assistant glancing up and down the aisle.

"Annayya,do you want to use the restroom?"

D shook his head in a 'no.'

"Then why are you looking like dog searching for a tree to do susu?"

D: I'm seeing if air hostess comes this way.They'll be going rounds usually I don't see them.

"Press the bell they will come."

D: Oh yes! You're right! I forgot.

He sat properly and pressed the bell waiting patiently.

"Yes sir, how can I help you?"spoke the attendant.

D: Waat ees yuvaar suweet nehhm ees ?

He asked smilingly.The young girl who thought D was hitting on her blushed.

S: I'm Candy.☺️

D: Mmm...nice name...Candy aunty,candy aunty can you please bring the candies tray?

The young attendant's beautiful smile faltered when she heard the word 'aunty' from him.She was shocked,not because he didn't like her but because the 40 year old uncle called her who was half his age an 'aunty' however she maintained her cool.D's assistant's face became pale switching looks between the air hostess and D.

"What candies sir ?"she asked in a firm tone.

D: Once flight takes off, one of you will bring a tray of candies no...that one.

"We don't serve that sir."

D: Huh...what do you mean ?When I travelled with my bauji(father) an aunty like you brought a tray full of sweets.I grabbed a handful but she didn't scold me she smiled,patted my head and urged me to take some more.Nice aunty she was.

"That aunty must be grandma or passed on now yet he's still living in that era oh this annayya🤦🏼‍♂️..."his assistant mumbled to himself.

The lady shot him a baffled look.

"Sir, when did you travel with your dad ?"

D: In 1985.I was 6 years then. I still remember so well because it was my first flight.My bauji took me to Bombay.

"This is year 2019 sir.Now we don't offer sweets to passengers on board."

D: Uh..huh...that is so unfair! I love those candies...so many varieties there was...

His assistant was embarrassed.He whispered near D's ears.

"Annayya, please annayya be calm what will they think of us..."

D: Ouch! My ear hurts ra...when I suck those candies I don't feel pain...you tell Candy aunty to bring for me some...

The assistant looked at her helplessly she understood his predicament.

"Ok...ok...I'll see what we have.I'll try to get something.Give me a moment."

Saying, she left.He tugged D's shirt.

"Annayya! Why do you do this ? She must be your youngest sister's age and you're calling her 'aunty'. She would have felt bad.Then whingeing for sweets like a kid??"

D: I too know she's young but what to do from the time I first flew I've been addressing air hostesses as aunty and it's stuck on me.I can't change now.I want candies!!!My ears hurt...sniff...sniff...😢

The cabin crew fished out the toffees in her own bag and also her colleagues.With whatever she got,she  returned and showed to D whose eyes gleamed in joy seeing them.He grabbed it from her palm and looked through it.