Changes

Let's just say that life was going all too well for Jeongyeon.

She manages to make friends at the academy. Study and passing on the tests, while at the same time practice and train for her basketball team, which turned out to be great for her to practice some skills and get some exercise.

What caught her off guard though, was how sweet and gentle Nayeon turned out to be. Jeongyeon has been tutoring the latter for weeks now and slowly they gotten to know each other. It was starting to change for the better.

No more fighting and the urge to kill each other, once they made eye contact. Now for the first time in Jeongyeon's life. She was, surprisingly happy. Like nothing was trying to hold her back. Everything was going well until they were near the practical exam.

In JYP Academy, they have what they call "Practical Exam" After the normal written and listening one. It was a test of skills to see how much they have grown throughout the year. That means they will each fight other students from different classes.

The practical exam is known as a big spectating event from the school. It'll be broadcasted through live tv channel, where of course only authorised SuperPeople could manage to watch. The fight would usually be held in the big arena outside of the academy ground.

Each student would be graded by how they use their techniques against other kinds of power user. So it doesn't depend on whether they won the fight or not, but instead, they will judge them from they ways of fighting and strategic idea.

Something that Jeongyeon has been very fidgety about for the past few weeks. She was 100% sure she will pass the written exam, but she also needs to pass the practical exam to proceed to another grade or level, which Jeongyeon was so wrong.

Every time there was a fighting class with Mr G-Dragon, she'll always get low scores. The ways of her fighting were all based on her emotion, no strategy, nor techniques whatsoever, causing her to harm others rather than necessary.

Today, It was the same thing. Jeongyeon was getting a lot of punches and scratches from her sparring partner, Joy. A lovely and joyous person, just like her name. But Joy was bright, and her powers were beating her down.

Not because Jeongyeon couldn't defeat her. God, if she could, she would've kicked the ground up from the place of her stance and sent her flying to the other side of the wall. Instead, she was forced to listen to Mr GD's instruction about how to block or dodge an attack.

So far, Joengyeon was failing, and it causes her blood to boil. The vines slither its way towards her, tangling on her leg and the next thing she knew. She was thrown to the other side of the glass box, groaning at the hard impact.

She fell hard on her face, facing the hard and cold fall. The sound of Mr GD's shouting echoed, and it was sharp through the ear. Like a knife piercing its way through her eardrums. Words like "Pay Attention!" Or "Focus!" rings on her ear.

Before she could even regain her presence, another vine has made its way towards her. Wrapping around her leg and the next thing she knew, she was up in the air hitting the other side of the glass wall.

What makes it worse was the fact that the rest of her grade was spectating their fight: not just her class, but the whole degree. Making her the laughing stock, which doesn't go well with how she works.

She was seconds away to burn Joy alive. Screw all the defence techniques; she wants to get this thing over with. But deep down in her heart, she can't do it in front of hundreds of students watching over their fight.

One person's opinion matters the most to her, Nayeon's. Jeongyeon knew she was watching; she might not see her. But her feelings were that strong. Not only Nayeon but the other people in their friend group is also attending.