The Cube

|14 Days Before The Practical Exam|

After the encounter with Mr G-Dragon, Jeongyeon's focus was on the cube for the entire day. She even cancelled her usual tutoring lesson with Nayeon to try and figured out what the cube was.

Rubik's cube is a form of 3-D combination puzzle, that was often used to fill the void of boredom or just to practice someone's intelligence.

A Rubik's cube usually has different variations of colour, yet this one only has one solid colour which was the colour dark grey and the mechanism seems to have been jammed on the inside or it wasn't meant to be move in the first place.

So, there wasn't exactly any clue on how to solve it and most importantly, what she was supposed to solve in the first place. Other differences she could quickly distinct from the others were the faces texture.

The texture of some was rough, while the others were smooth. But it still didn't give Jeongyeon a clue on how it works and to solve it. So for the rest of the day, Jeongyeon was focused on the cube and how to solve it.

There was no information whatsoever about it. She asked all of her friends and the answers were always the same either, "Maybe it was broken?" or "Sorry, We have no clue." There wasn't even a mention about this kind of cube in the books.

So, how in the world was she supposed to solve it?

Asking Mr G-Dragon was her only option. She walked towards the teacher's lounge and wait outside of the door to meet him. But to her dismay, Mr GD was assigned to do some fieldwork outside of the academy and that is to survey the place for their practical exam.

In two weeks, their fight would be broadcasted and graded in front of thousands of spectator. And Jeongyeon might not join that practical exam at all. If she still couldn't figure out the cube's intention.

|12 Days Before The Practical Exam|

It has been 2 days since she got the cube and the image of it haunts her every night. The daunting structure of the cube scares her, how even until now she still doesn't know what to do with it.

She tried moving it like any normal Rubik's cube but to no avail, the cube was harder than a rock. Tzuyu even tried using her super-strength to move the mechanism, trying to change the order of the faces. Yet, even with that amount of strength it still wouldn't move.

So, Jeongyeon tried the only thing she could do. Destroy the cube and assemble it again to see how it actually works. But destroying it also wasn't easy.

She has tried every way in the book, striking it by a bolt of lightning, smashing it with a boulder, burning it and so on. Nothing works, it seems that the material that was used to make the cube is resistance to everything Jeongyeon has offered.

"I'm losing my mind!" Jeongyeon groaned, for what has been the third time, for the past few minutes.

She's in her room now, resting on her bed. Her head hiding behind the pillow, that she decided to use to cover her face off, suffocating herself.

Jihyo gasp, resting her hand on her chest, acting all surprised. "Really?"

Jeongyeon clicked her tongue and throw the pillow, right on her face. She missed, unfortunately. "Not. Cool."

"I could say the same to you—focusing yourself too much on the cube, neglecting the rest of your friends. Using me as your shield. Do you want to know how many times, I have to cover up for you?" Jihyo pointed out and Jeongyeon looked at her confused.

"Why do you need to cover me up from? I was never absent in class. I always come to the basketball practice and I talk with every one of our friends. Who are you covering up for?"