-039

Kendall stayed the whole night at the hospital with me , but unfortunately Jae had to leave cause she had to go to work in the morning. He had his arms around me the whole night.. mainly because I was bawling my eyes out like a lil baby. I took a 30 minute power nap at like 7 in the morning but ended up waking right back up cause I could barely sleep .

"Any word from the doctor yet?" I said while rubbing my eyes
"Not yet baby." I could feel the tears coming down but I stopped them because I didn't even have the energy to cry no more.
I put my head in my lap and took a deep breath..
"I knew I should've let her stay up there with my dad. This shit is definitely a sign that I'm not fit enough to take care of nobody."
"Aye mama don't even blame yourself. It's not your fault so don't think that. You didn't do nothing wrong."
I sighed and leaned back in my seat
"This is some bullshit. For real...fuck whoever was involved in that shooting and shot at my fucking sister ! I'm supposed to be her fucking guardian but I ain't do shit to help her."
He put his arms back around me and pulled me closer to him.
"You cannot sit here and put this big burden on yo back. Aight? You're a good ass sister and you and Ivy are lucky to have each other. So don't you sit here and down yourself like that Mani. It's not making you feel any better."

I just prayed and prayed after that , because there was nothing more I could do & Kendall was right. Me sitting there and ranting wasn't gon do shit but make me feel worse..

But the ranting wasn't the only thing that made me feel worse. Unfortunately , the hospital contacted my mother also...
She walked in loud as hell yelling "WHERE IS MY BABY?!" I knew she was drunk..
She ran in the room and got on her knees and started crying by Ivy's bed (She was definitely drunk cause Ivy wasn't even in that bed anymore because she was undergoing surgery.) She definitely needed to cut the act .

"Imani ! This is why I told yo ass to let her stay with ME! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T LISTEN!"

Usually I'm never listening to my mom go off on me , but this one hit harder since I was already feeling this way. Kendall knew I was getting upset so he grabbed my hand and walked me out the room.

"Just calm down..and breathe mama."
"She knows exactly how to get under my fucking skin Kendall. She better be glad she my mama cause if she was my age we would've had to go rounds."
He laughed and playfully shook his head he was about to talk but the doctor came towards us and began to speak.
"Sorry for interrupting , but I just wanted you to know that your sister is in stable condition. We were able to get the bullet out during surgery. So as of right now she's fine..just sleep still. So if you'd like to go home get changed or do whatever and come back she should be up by then."
"Oh my gosh.. thank you."
"Of course." He smiled and walked away.

I was so happy I couldn't even explain it. Just knowing that Ivy would be okay called me down a lot more. I tried hard to not stress myself out since I had the baby and stress definitely isn't good for the baby, but I decided to stay with Ivy until I knew when she was able to come back home with me.

"Ken you can go back home. Thank you for staying with me..I know you're probably tired. Best boyfriend award definitely goes to you tho."
"Nah ima stay here. Gotta look out for you."
I flashed a slight smile "You sure? You don't have to stay"
"I'm sure. I'm not leaving until you leave."
I smiled & held his hand as we both walked back into Ivy's room. My mom was still on her knees by her bed. I just ignored her and went to sit down and waited until Ivy woke up.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
-2 hours later
We were there for an extra 2 hours and then Ivy finally woke up. I got up and ran over to her bed and gave her a long hug but not too hard considering she had just had surgery.
"Hey love how you feeling?"
She smiled , "I'm fine, but what're you still doing here?"
"I was waiting on you to wake up of course."
"Imani go home and go to sleep. You gotta think about the baby."
At that moment I knew Ivy messed up saying "The baby"
"The What?!" My mom yelled
"Surprise?!" I said back
"Oh hell no Imani! I didn't raise you to be like this!"
"Yo ass didn't raise me at all so don't try and act all holy now. Yes I'm pregnant & no I didn't tell you. Now just drop it."
"We're not done talking bout this !"
"Then you gon be talking to yourself because I'm done."
My mom crossed her arms and gave me her version of a "death stare" shit at least she know cuz I didn't plan on telling her ass anyway.

"Now Ivy.. are you sure you're going to be cool here by yourself?"
"Yesss! Now go get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow." I leaned in and gave her a kiss on her forehead "Love you."
"Love you too" I grabbed my bag and walked out with Kendall. We walked out to the garage and I went to give him a hug before I got in my car
"Love you. I'll see you later." I said to him
"You not getting rid of me that easy. I'm coming over .. I'm not leaving you at home by yourself."
"Shit bet."
I smiled and got in my car
That's that energy I'm talking boutttt !