twenty four.

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

the hallways were busy that monday morning as usual, most of the students running around to get to class on time since sleeping in was a common occurrence at the beginning of the week. however, this wasn't true for the two boys sitting in their homeroom already, notebooks out and pens ready for the lecture.

"fix your collar." jimin said as he reached over and poked the side of his friends neck. the hickey was very visible and he just had to touch it and see the brunette flinch.

taehyung glared over and adjusted his top, "stop that." he said. of course he could've covered it with makeup, but he'd be lying if he said he didn't want to sneak glances at the pretty mark when he passed a mirror or looked at his phone.

"you and jungkook are certainly doing well." jimin said, taking the cap off his pen and writing the header for today's class at the top of his notebook paper. "i'm guessing you haven't talked about college."

that earned him another glare. taehyung was nervous whenever that word was brought up. college. the start of a new chapter in a persons life and sometimes the end to others parts of your life. he really didn't want to deal with that right now, not when they were both so happy now being together. they haven't even been together that long, how could taehyung know if their relationship was strong enough for this.

"i'm going to." he said, writing on his own paper and ignoring the stir in his stomach. "i have to start applying in a few days anyways. i probably won't even get in." taehyung hated this.

jimin just rolled his eyes, "of course you will, you're such a good student and all the internships you've done throughout high school. france practically promised you a good future when you studied there over the summer." he didn't like what his friend was going through, both of his friends. this just happened to be one of those things no one could control, they were kids trying to find their place in the world. it sucks when that place may not be in the same space.

"the bells gonna ring." taehyung said, obviously not interested in this topic as he kept his eyes trained on the ink he scratched messily against white perfection. "yeah." jimin said, a little frown visible as he sat back and struggled to focus for most of that day.

that same lack of focus was evident in the brunettes mind. he knew he should be paying attention to lectures and notes and exam hints, but all taehyung could think about were the unfinished applications sitting open on his laptop. they were burning in his backpack as well as his head, leaving nothing but stress and anxiety behind. he carried this exhaustion with him all day, through each class and down the sidewalk as he walked home. in this case, that happened to be jungkooks apartment.

"hey, i thought you'd be at the library after school?" the ravenette said after opening his apartment door, surprised to see his boyfriend standing there with tired eyes and a frown. "what's wrong?"