sixty six.

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

it's kind of funny how he ended up in the same spot not even a whole day later. his butt was numb again and his eyebrows set into an angry manner that matched the frown on his lips. even his friends were in the kitchen again, all watching from a distance.

"nose goes you bitches." jimin whisper shouted, picking up the juice box this time and throwing it at namjoons chest. "eat shit."

the two boyfriends had wide eyes and slightly parted lips at the outburst. "damn that's a lot of anger for a tiny man." namjoon said.

jin had to step in now and break up a potential fist fight between his boyfriend and the blonde. "okay stop, i'll go." he said, snatching the juice box and walking out to sit across from the ravenette who was again sulking.

"so you talked to taehyung." he said.

jungkook nodded.

"shouldn't you be happy then?"

jungkook nodded again.

"but you're not."

and he nodded again.

"please explain why and take therapeutic sips of this caprisun." jin poked the straw into the pouch and slid it across to the boy. jungkook actually lifted his head and took the drink, glancing down at the flavor briefly before sucking gently in the straw.

"he had a roommate." jungkook said. pause for another sip.

"is he cute?" jimin asked from the kitchen. it was a safe distance to ask that kind of question.

jungkook just pouted some more and nodded. now he was already done with the juice box, and there was a squeak of disappointment that escaped from his throat. "fucking gnome sized beverage." he mumbled, grumbling the pouch.

"here," namjoon came to join them at the table, bringing the rest of the juice boxes and dumping them out onto the table. all four of them took one each.

"so, you're obviously not over taehyung." jin stated the obvious, which only earned him a glare from the youngest. 

namjoon nodded and watched how troubled the ravenette looked. he was already in bad shape over the breakup when taehyung was here, now he had to deal with it knowing the boy was in a whole new country and living with someone new. "you know jungkook, you should do something about it." jimin said.

"like what?" jungkook sounded defeated. "this is what tae wanted, he doesn't want me."

"that's not true." namjoon said. his eyebrows were scrunched, and he had that look like he always did when there was an idea being born in that brilliant mind of his. "he didn't want a long distant relationship."

jin seemed to smile, catching on to what his boyfriend was saying, and the crazy idea that he most likely would toss out soon.

"yeah, that's true." jungkook stopped sipping on the juice to pay attention now.

what seemed to be an obvious solution was apparently lost amongst them all. namjoon thought it would be easy to see that the way to fix avoiding a long distance relationship was to eliminate that distance, which can easily be done with a simple carryon and plane ticket. however, jungkook couldn't seem to climb his way out of the pit of sadness he dug himself in his head. the only thing he focused on was the way taehyung looked so happy with his roommate, there seemed to be no distance between them. what would stop those two from becoming closer?

"i know what to do." jungkook lips twitched up into a small grin, the first one any of them had seen in the last couple of days. jimin looked up at his best friend in awe, it was that moment to rise up and do something spectacular, and jungkook just looked so determined. even namjoon was smiling, happy to see the boy finally get off his numb ass and do something about what he wanted.

"i'm going to make him jealous too." jungkook smiled wide.

"wait what." namjoon and jin both said at the same time. they looked at each other quickly and there was nothing but confusion on their faces. apparently it wasn't as simple to see that flying to tokyo would be a better idea.

"if taehyung can go on sushi dates in tokyo then i can do the same thing in seoul." the young you tuber picked up his hoodie and tugged it on, he was still smiling and even saluted the boys, "thanks hyungs."

and then he was gone again with a slam of the door, making jin wince and wonder how the hinges were holding up.

"sushi is a lot cheaper then a plane ticket." they could always count on jimin to try and find a positive during what was bound to be chaotic.

plus, nothing was more chaotic then jungkooks mind in that moment. he realized, while walking down the sidewalk, that he didn't actually know anyone that he would want to go have lunch with that wasn't someone taehyung would know. obviously this was the immature way to handle things, but jungkook was being driven by hurt feelings and not reasoning.

he was walking with his head down, scrolling through contacts and scanning names of potential targets. hyuna would be too obvious, taehyung knew they were just friends and that she even had a boyfriend.

one name caught his attention, he forgot he even had her number. it's been a long time, and maybe she would be a little weirded out that he was texting her now of all times.

there was slight twist of guilt in his stomach as he continued walking. jungkook pocketed his phone and thought about it for a second. gosh it was wrong to use someone just to make someone else jealous. maybe he should just go back to mrs. kim house and eat food with her while movies played on the televisions.

that's pathetic. his mind screamed at him. there was no way he could keep running to mrs. kim's house just to pretend like things were okay and he was feeling fine. and he wasn't about to see taehyung and his roommate all friendly together.

he thought about it the whole walk home, all the way up the stairs and continuing through to his apartment door. the guilt was still there in his stomach, but he finally made up his mind.

jungkook took out his phone again, found the right contact name and hesitated. maybe this wasn't right — but it was, he saw the way taehyung was with that boy. he wanted to be happy too, even if it was pretend.

his thumb hit the name, and jungkook held his breathe for what seemed like forever, until forever ended.

"jungkook?"

⠀ ⠀

——