twenty six.

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

it was starting to become the same routine every morning, rolling out of bed only when the sun was already high in the sky and the pounding in his head was becoming too much to bear any longer. he took the same path towards his bathroom and the pain reliever was already out, a glass of water beside and little note stuck to the mirror.

told you so, it said in scribbling hand writing.

jungkook chuckled quietly at his boyfriends note, knowing very well he wasn't suppose to be drinking that much the night before. taehyung definitely would say something once he got back from classes.

he took the small pill and drank the water, hoping it would work quickly so the throbbing behind his eyes would go away.

today would probably go by slow, the ravenette didn't do much on tuesdays anyways — or any day for that matter.

"2 pm." jungkook said to himself, seeing the time and wondering how he slept through most of the day again. he grabbed his camera off the kitchen counter and opened the viewfinder, pressing record before smiling tiredly at the camera. "hi guys," he started, "i look like i didn't sleep for days even though it's way into the afternoon."

a little vlog gave him something to do, despite being shaky from his own hands and not having his usual cameraman around. jungkook did notice the comments recently asking where taehyung has been. "so as you can probably tell, i'm alone today without a certain boy doing the work for me." he chuckled a bit and rubbed at his eyes, he definitely didn't looked his best right now. "tae has been busy with school, and finals, and everything i'm glad to not have to do."

he stayed like that for a bit, just talking about whatever was on his mind while making a late breakfast for himself. at some point he made it to the couch, binge watching jins cooking videos and getting more hungry after each one.

there was a knock on the door that got him excited, "that must be my chinese food." jungkook gasped, setting down the camera on the coffee table and going to open the door.

instead of a man in a fast food uniform, his friend with long blonde hair and red lips stood there smiling, "i like tips." hyuna said, holding the brown bag of food, "i ran into the takeout man in the elevator."

"you're lucky i always order more than i eat." jungkook said, taking the bag from his friend and going back to the couch. hyuna just laughed lightly and shut the door, making sure to grab a few drinks from the fridge before joining the younger in the living room.

"taehyung told me to stop by." she said while taking one of the cartons of rice and opening the lid, "he's stuck at the library with a study group."

jungkook nodded and pointed a chopstick at the camera, "let's film a mukbang." he said, proceeding to shove a large piece of orange chicken into his mouth and smiling at how good it tasted.

"so you're filming a mukbang while watching jin and namjoons mukbang?" hyuna asked, her eyes were still on the tv, full attention absorbed in the content in front of her.

"i'm not leo dicaprio but i do know how to add some inception to my channel." jungkook said while adding more chicken to the rice in his cartoon. "we gotta make this look like a real mukbang though, make trisha proud." the boy said as he started to set up the coffee table with an array of chinese food, cartons spread out to display all that he ordered.

hyuna just rolled her eyes and continued to eat, she was merely a background piece to the video and just came for the food and not necessarily the film. "so, my guest here on the couch," jungkook started and the blonde could only imagine what could come out of his mouth. "how has life been treating you? finals are coming up."

"yes they are, hence why your boyfriend isn't here." hyuna pointed out.

"well yeah, but why aren't you studying?" jungkook asked. he had adjusted the camera to show both of them well, now sitting back to enjoy his own portion of the food.

hyuna was silent for a second, waiting to swallow before speaking up. "well," she started, "i already got my acceptance letter so i know i should still be trying, but i can't help but slack off a bit."

jungkook dropped his chopsticks in the carton and looked over at the blonde, who stopped mid chew noticing the accusatory stare directed towards her. "you already got accepted? did everyone who applied already hear back?" he was curious to know if taehyung had gotten any letters back, knowing very well the boy applied to quite a few universities.

"well it depends on the college, some let you know sooner then others." hyuna explained. maybe she didn't see the curiosity on the boys face, or the wonder as to why taehyung hasn't spoken to him about much other than that one night on his laptop. "okay." he said.

maybe his questions would be answered soon, maybe he'd have the nerve to ask and not be afraid of the answers, not likely. jungkook still shrugged and ate his food until there was nothing left in the cartons or space on his cameras sd card.

hyuna said goodbye an hour or so later, knowing her parents would be expecting her. jungkook walked her out and wondered where his boyfriend was right now.

that was answered soon, with a quick call and fast steps up the stairs, followed by heavy breaths and quick knocks on the apartment door. "did you actually run?" jungkook asked the brunette once opening the door and stepping aside.

taehyung dropped his backpack on the floor and kicked off his shoes. "i got excited."

"excited?" he wasn't quite sure what the boy could be referring to.

"yes." taehyung took the ravenettes hand and pulled him along to the couch until they were both seated, criss cross and knees touching. "now close your eyes." the older boy said. he had his hands behind his back and was obviously keeping something a surprise.

jungkook loved surprises and his eyelids fluttered shut a second later just as a smile showed on those thin lips, "hit me baby." he said, only to speak again a lot sooner, "ow, not literally."

taehyung rubbed the boys thigh gently through the sweatpants, "sorry." he said, taking the small bag from behind his back and dropping it in his boyfriends hands, "okay open your eyes!"

he did as he was told, feeling the bag in his hands and looking down to see the familiar packaging of one of his favorite candies. "jolly ranchers?" jungkook said, turning the bag around and furrowing his eyebrows, "wait are these sour one? that's a thing?"

taehyung was nodding quickly with a big smile, already taking the bag back to rip open the plastic, "i saw them in the gas station and immediately bought them thinking of you." he pulled out a red one for himself and held the bag towards the younger to take.

"let's make purple." jungkook wiggled his eyebrows and chose a blue candy to stain his tongue while the older boy was already eating the red one, the color now matching his cheeks.

they both tried their best not to look like wimps, but maybe sour candies were not their favorites. both their noses scrunched and eyes closed at the flavor, and light laughs followed once seeing each other's goofy faces. jungkook was also serious about the science of mixing colors, and he was soon tasting the cherry on taehyungs tongue. they were both liking the color purple that night.

⠀ ⠀

——