sixty four.

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

a frustrated groan disrupted the silence in the big home. it was one of many that night and probably more were to follow. he just couldn't help it, not when he's been sitting there for hours and his right ass cheek was going numb from the wooden kitchen chairs.

"i quit." jungkook slammed the top of his laptop down and pushed it away, probably a little too aggressive then he should have.

the three boys stood in the kitchen, hiding behind the counter and watching their friend get more angry by the hour. "so who's going in?" namjoon asked. they've been asking that question for about ten minutes now, no one wanted to deal with an angry jungkook. it got scary sometimes.

"nose goes." jin said, immediately touching his nose while his boyfriend did the same.

that left the third boy to stomp his foot and angrily pout as well. "not fair." jimin glared at his two elders and they just shrugged, their stupid fingers on their noses. he peeked over the counter one more time, seeing his best friend with his head in his hands.

"he likes me more anyways." jimin said, tucking his hair behind his ears and standing straighter.

"here, have some ammo." jin handed held out his hand and the shorter boy just looked down at the juicebox. he took it anyways and sighed once, walking around the kitchen island and pulling out the seat next to the youngest.

"hey, koo." jimin sat down, he didn't touch the boy just yet, setting the juice box down. it was like approaching a puppy, but a puppy that was on crack and might bite you if you simply breathe incorrectly around it.

"what." that one syllable held all the frustration and anger that the youngest male felt.

"do you wanna take a walk?" he barely got he question out before jungkook seemed to snap.

"no i don't want to take a walk. i want to film a damn video." he yanked open his laptop and all the editing software was still up, too many tabs open and all of them just added to the stress on his mind. "we filmed three videos this week and i'm not happy with any of them." jungkook roughly stood front the chair and it teetered on the two back legs before falling back to its original position.

the ravenette aggressively ran a hand through his hair, the angry set of his eyebrows didn't seem to waver as he grabbed his hoodie and phone. "sorry hyungs." jungkook gruffly apologized before leaving jin's house with a slight slam of the door.

the three of them all looked at each other, blinking brightly while the shortest of them shrugged, "that could have gone a lot worse actually." jimin said, poking a hole in the pouch of juice and taking tiny sips.

jungkook wasn't sure where he was walking, his hood was up and head hung low, eyes staring at the cracks in the sidewalk while he aimlessly walked in an attempt to clear his head. he felt a little bad for being a mood brat, but at the same time it was frustrating taking so much time and energy to film multiple times and not be happy with any of the final products. he had to come up with something soon, people were counting on him and he wasn't about to let all his viewers down when he's just been a little upset recently.

the sidewalk got less crowded, and the city lights seemed to lessen as more street lamps became common and bigger yards on the sides of the road instead of shopping stores and tiny restaurants. jungkook looked up and recognized the street that he blindly walked to.

soon enough he was jumping the fence and walking up the driveway. it wasn't too late, she'd most likely still be awake.

it was a soft knock against the wooden door, maybe he didn't want her to hear, maybe he just wanted to stand here and pretend like it was before — pretend like he would open it.

"jungkook?" mrs. kim had been awake.

he lifted his head and peered through messy bangs that have gotten longer, "sorry it's late." he said.

"please come in." she stepped aside so the boy could walk in, hunched over from the cold breeze and only now taking off the hood to reveal more messy black hair. "let me get you something warm to drink." mrs. kim held gently only his arm, guiding him further into the big home. it somehow seemed quieter.

jungkook was seated on the couch, a blanket now on his lap while mrs. kim was in the kitchen doing whatever, making quite the noise. there were pots clanking and things being poured. he reached for the remote and turned on the telephone, finding something decent to put on quietly so it wasn't so silent in this house.

"here you go hun." mrs. kim came over a bit later, two plates in her hands and a cup of tea balanced on stop. "i heated up some leftovers." it was piled high with rice and noodles on half the plate, the other side covered in strips of meat and some sauce on top that steamed. if that wasn't enough apparently she thought jungkook would also need an additional plate of kebabs and vegetables.

"oh, you didn't have to do so much for me." jungkooks eyes widened a bit at the meal. of course he could probably devour it all pretty quickly, but it was a lot to ask for on such short notice of him just showing up.

"be quiet and eat up." mrs. kim just waved him off and sat back against the couch.

"please have one," jungkook gestured towards the kebabs, "i'm going to feel rude to be the only one eating in your house." he said, breaking apart a pair of chopsticks and helping himself to some of the noodles and a strip of well seasoned steak.

mrs. kim smiled, taking a kebab and eating quietly with the boy. the silence didn't last too much longer, her voice breaking it with a simple question. "how are you jungkook?"

it should have been easy to answer.

"i'm okay." he seemed to choke on the words, blaming it on a noodle getting stuck in his throat. jungkook leaned forward to set the plate down on the coffee table.

mrs. kim smiled at him, it was a small sad one, and she opened her arms. jungkook leaned over and into the hug, closing his eyes once she started to brush his hair back soothingly. "you miss him don't you?" he asked.

she laughed lightly, fingers still running through his hair and nails scraping his scalp in a relaxing manner. "of course i do." she said, "and now you need to visit more so i can have another growing boys tummy to feed."

that got him to chuckle quietly, "count me in." he said.

"maybe we can give him a call? he said he'd text me after he eats some dinner and then we can surprise him with a facetime." mrs. kim said with a smile, she was happy with her idea and patted the boys back. it didn't matter that he was no longer dating her son, in her eyes he was always welcomed.

jungkooks stomach twisted at the thought. he hasn't talked to taehyung since the day he left, it was a short phone call after his plane landed, but after that he became too busy with moving in and getting ready for school. of course it was going to be like this, several days and maybe even weeks between the times that their schedules lined up. that's why they broke up. "okay." jungkook said.

so they ate, and chatted about random things, while some comedy played in the background. it was comforting and nice, just to talk and not sit around in silence. they both needed it.

⠀ ⠀

——