seventy three.

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

it was a lame attempt to get the boy to stay, throwing a piece of candy at the roommate who was busy trying to tie his shoes.

"you're leaving me alone?" taehyung pouted in the couch. he was surrounded by snacks, pillows, and a pile of dvd cases. nothing was on the tv yet, because he didn't seem to know what he was in the mood for.

bogum just rolled his eyes and kept getting ready, now fixing his hair. "that girl from the chinese takeout place was cute, i'm not turning drinks tonight." he said.

taehyung rolled his eyes this time and pouted. maybe that was his natural pose from now on. "at least help me pick something to watch?" he tried, holding up the little mermaid in one hand and grease in the other.

"i gotta go, i'm late." bogum suddenly spazzed and jumped from the counter to grab the keys to the rack to get his coat. "bye!" he was able to shout before slamming the door and being gone until the next day probably.

the brunette was left to sift through more movies, none of them exciting him enough to get off the couch and actually put in a dvd. it took an hour before he finally made up his mind, and that was only because it was nearly midnight and if he was going to watch a movie tonight he would have to start eventually.

he was elbow deep in a bag of purple doritos when there was a knock at the door.

taehyung just glared at the door before grabbing the remote and paused the movie. he got up and wiped his hand on the side of his pajama shorts as he walked to the door. "bogum i told you if you left your keys here again i wouldn't open the door-"

but he did open the door. and it wasn't bogum. it wasn't anyone that he thought he'd be seeing any time soon, not after that phone call.

the ravenette was smiling, but it was an unsure one — a nervous one. he didn't know what to expect once that door opened, the reaction he'd get to showing up at 1 am.

"hi." jungkook lamely waved. he stood there with his backpack on his shoulders, hair messy from the wind as he walked from the airport. his feet were kind of hating him and he wished he didn't wear boots.

"kook?" taehyung still didn't believe what he was seeing, and he tried to remember if he drank anything tonight or just stuck to doritos. "what are you doing here?"

jungkook licked his lips, not missing the way the older boys eyes noticed this too. "i had to talk to you." he said.

"you could have called." taehyungs voice was quiet, there was a lack of confidence there, especially with the way his stood behind the door still, only looking out enough to be polite. "that didn't seem to go too well last time." jungkook chuckled, but then awkwardly cleared his throat when the brunettes expression didn't change.

"jungkook, you should go home." taehyung felt the pinch beside his eyes when he said it, but it needed to be said. it had to be said now before he gave in and let himself be happy, just before something else would happen and the boy would leave and taehyung would be by himself again. he needed to keep that from happening.

he expected the boy to argue, to sputter some nonsense and deny deny deny. but jungkook didn't do that. he just smiled, and wouldn't stop staring at the older with those dark eyes.
"i did." jungkook said.

"huh?" taehyung could barely make words form, not before the boy at his door cut him off to speak for himself.

"what you said on the phone, you were wrong." jungkook said.

taehyungs lips were in a straight line, obviously not pleased with that statement. "excuse me."

"you said i was home, in seoul, and you were here." jungkook stepped forward a bit, his fingertips now gracing the door to push it open a bit more. taehyung didn't object, but he also didn't step aside just yet. "but you were wrong," the younger continued, "you're my home tae, where ever you are in the world is where i want to be, and i'm not surrounded by everyone because you're not there when i need you to be."

taehyung swallowed, it was hard, especially feeling the fist of clay in his throat as he tried not to cry at the boys words. it was so so hard to not listen to him, and to fall in love with his voice and his eyes all over again. "kook-"

"no tae, i need you all the time, and i hate my life when you're not in it." the sincerity was in his eyes, and jungkook was now standing so close. the ravenette didn't reach out, didn't try to touch taehyung. not yet, he thought to himself, not until it was okay.

"i don't want to disappoint you." taehyung finally said something, his head hung low and eyes blinking quickly. all he could think about was all the things he could do to disappoint the boy. all this time he was trying to be mad at jungkook, for hanging out with people, for making him feel bad for leaving, but it was all taehyung. it was taehyung who was too scared to admit that he wasn't good enough for the boy. jungkook is the one who would fly all this way to apologize, to say sorry for something that shouldn't even have been an argument.

and jungkook was always the one to comfort. which was exactly what he wasn't doing right now. "you never disappoint me tae." the ravenette said. he was still holding onto the straps of his backpack, not moving any closer.

the two boys stood there in the doorway, one not knowing what else to say after his little rant while the other just tried to figure out if he wanted to yell at the younger or hug him.

"well, i rented an apartment, and i'll be living there for the time being." jungkook said. "if you want anything to do with me... you can call."

he started to step back, and taehyung didn't look up from his socks until hearing the footsteps going away. "kook!" he said, his head shooting up and seeing the younger glance over his shoulder.

"do you, um." the brunette nervously twisted the door knob in his hands, finally reaching into the pocket of his pajama shorts and pulling out a small candy. "do you wanna watch a movie with me?"

"oh thank god." jungkook came back so quickly, taking the boys hand and dragging him inside the apartment until they were both on the couch. "i had no where to go." he admitted, also taking the piece of candy and opening the jolly rancher, "blue, nice."

taehyung smiled and pulled his legs up to sit criss cross, "what about the apartment you rented?"

"oh that was a straight up lie." the younger said, "i just didn't think it was that attractive you knew i was sleeping on a bus stop bench."

taehyung giggled and scooted a little closer to the younger boy, who smiled at the action and sucked on the candy in his mouth. "you're so ridiculous, especially coming all the way here."

the boy shrugged, and he smiled some more as taehyung started to play with his black hair in a relaxing manner. "i missed you." it was easy for jungkook to admit.

"i missed you too." taehyung said, his fingers still brushing back the boys hair. the movie stayed paused, and they just sat in silence, just enjoying the fact that they were sitting on the same couch again. "please stay." taehyung whispered, "stay for a long time."

jungkook smiled, and he leaned over until the tips of their noses brushed so softly. "baby you're stuck with me." he said, and he ended it with a kiss, and the movie was never played, and they forget they needed air. tonight was only meant for the two of them to kiss and touch and make up for all the time they missed.

⠀ ⠀

——