fifty four.

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

jungkook probably shouldn't have been enjoying his time off that much, considering he made youtube his only source of income and without that he'd most definitely decide to be homeless in a year since any other job made him cringe. except now he had only one thing on his mind, and it was to spend time with taehyung, even though they were no longer boyfriends, but not quite just friends either.

"i don't think i want to bring that." the brunette said. he was standing in the middle of his room with his hands on his hips.

"but think about the clubs." jimin said, still packing away the tight leather pants in the suitcase anyways. taehyungs mother rolled her eyes and continued to help fold clothes, but she did pat the ravenettes thigh comfortingly.

jungkook didn't even realize he frowned at the thought of his ex-boyfriend going out to clubs in tokyo in super sexy leather pants.

they had all been up in the boys room for about an hour, helping him pack since he seemed to not know what to bring with him. "the truth is honey," mrs. kim said, "i doubt you'll be going out much and doing laundry as often as you would here." she stood from her spot on the bed and carried over a nicely folded stack of sweatpants and a few t-shirt's on top. "pack comfortably."

although jimin was supporting the tight clothes and exposing fabrics, no one could go against what mrs. kim says. soon the other two boys were nodding and saying yes to various comfy t-shirt's and hoodies that taehyung held up.

it only got silent when the brunette pulled out a certain hoodie that was very much belonging to the youtuber. "uh," taehyung kind of didn't know what to say. it still smelled like his cologne, and taehyung didn't realize that he clutched it to his chest and remembered how he stole it for when he was home alone without the younger boy.

jungkook looked up from his lap to see him holding onto one of his black hoodies, a big one that has a small sunflower over where someone's heart would be. he remembered how taehyung would trace the flower when they laid together. "you can take it." he said. there didn't seem to be any emotion on the boys face, no reminiscent smile or flirty tone that would make taehyung blush as usual. jungkook just looked back at his lap and tried to calm the rapid beating of his heart.

taehyung didn't have to be told again, folding the hoodie quickly and setting it beside the backpack that would be his carry on for the plane. he still didn't leave for a bit longer but his mom wanted him to be ready since he tended to procrastinate.

"now what about this?" jimin broke the silence and held up a sheer bodysuit that the brunette didn't even remember he owned.

"jimin!" taehyung snatched the very thin and very see-through outfit away, smiling sheepishly at his mother who just shook her head and took it as her note to leave. "finish up and i'll make you guys something to eat." mrs. kim said before shutting the door behind her.

"my mom thinks i only wear khakis and polo shirts." taehyung glared at his friend and threw the bodysuit into his suitcase.

jungkook rose an eyebrow, "and you're packing it anyways?" he asked, wondering what the boy might have in mind for such revealing clothing.

of course he only shrugged and picked up another random shirt to fold. there was a subtle smile on his lips as he looked over at jungkook, seeing the younger just laying lazily on his bed. "maybe we'll facetime and i need something cute to put on." taehyung winked playfully.

the color of jungkooks cheeks turned pink quite quickly, but not as quick as he threw a pillow at the brunette who was now laughing at his own little joke. jimin just shook his head at the two and continued helping with the packing process. it was a bit odd to see them flirt, in a very awkward manner, since they both knew they weren't together but they also didn't seem to know how to act any other way. jimin decided to just let them figure it out, and he'd pretend he wasn't there. kind of like how mrs. kim just walked out.

she was definitely surprised to hear about the breakup. taehyung and jungkook had both told her in person before they even posted the video, knowing very well she always looked forward to seeing the ravenettes uploads. there wasn't much said after that, a simple kiss to both of the boys cheeks and she made them food as usual. besides, in her eyes it was simply a label. calling each other's boyfriends or simply friends didn't change the way they felt for each other. when people aren't meant to be together it always seems to work out, regardless of the labels.

maybe that's why they didn't really act differently, and jungkook still stared at him the same from his spot on the bead, and taehyung would blush knowing very well the youngers eyes were directed right at him but he'd pretend he didn't notice.

he could have been helping, but jungkook also enjoyed watching taehyung constantly bend over to pick up clothes and if it took longer to finish packing then that meant he didn't have to leave so soon. "why are you packing so early anyways." he decided to ask.

taehyung did have a while left before he booked his flight. at least a week if he remembered correctly.

"i wanted to get it over with now." he said, "so we could all do something fun after."

"what did you have in mind?" jimin asked, it was obvious he was getting tired. especially when the folding became more sloppy and the sassy remarks about fashion were becoming less and less.

he thought for a second, eyes drifting randomly around his room before a light seemed to go off. "the beach." taehyung said. "can we all go to the beach?" he looked over at jungkook, knowing very well the younger wouldn't be able to say no.

gosh he knew him so well, because jungkook just smiled and sat up a little straighter. "what day do you want to go?"

taehyung didn't even answer, because his smile widened and he launched himself onto the bed to hug the ravenette.

"any day! every day!" taehyung was still smiling with his arms around the boy, laughs coming from jungkook as he loosely slung his arm around him too. they stayed like that for a second, a comfortable second, until jimin cleared his throat and they separated again.

"how about saturday?" jimin asked, he was running a hand through his blonde hair and still sitting on the clothes covered floor.

the other two nodded from up on the bed, jungkook standing and fixing his shirt to straighten it out. "i'll text jin and the others about it," he said, "now let's go see what your mom made because i'm starving."

they could already smell something being cooked from downstairs, and they followed the scent all the way to the kitchen. mrs. kim could see they were in good moods, their usual happy selves when they hung out and she wished she could capture the moment in a picture forever.

it was something they all thought of occasionally, wondering why happy moments couldn't last forever or at least longer. the only reason that seemed worthy of getting up in the morning is the hopes of having one of these moments again. jungkook thought about this a lot now, sitting down at the table and seeing the pretty brunette across from him. they locked eyes, and taehyung smiled at him, and jungkook knew that he was the reason why he got out of bed in the morning. taehyung would always be the reason why he saw any good in the world.

⠀ ⠀

——