seventy two.

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

time always seemed to fly by when you least expect it to, or when you don't want it to. that's exactly why the clock was apparently frozen in place as jungkook sat and stared at it. he wanted nothing more than to jump in his jeep and take off to the airport, but apparently staring at the hands didn't make them move any faster.

"what time is now?" jungkook has reverted to leaning his forehead against the counter, enjoying the coolness against his skin.

hoseok looked up at the wall, "it's still 6:02." he was sitting on the floor by the coffee table, a few crayons spilled from a box as he scribbled messily on a sticky note.

"remember to add the little chocolate mushrooms candies, in the yellow box?" jimin said from his spot on the couch, leaning over and seeing what his friend was writing down. jungkook just groaned and ignored them, he was sitting on a stool with his feet on his backpack, ready to go since the day before.

"are you guys done?" the ravenette got off his stool and walked over to the boys sitting in his living room. he took a quick glance at the note with a list of items, mostly candy and stuffed animals that the two boys wanted him to get while in japan. "almost." hoseok said.

"come on, let's go get some tacos." jungkook tugged on the back of jimins hoodie to get him to move. the plan was for the two boys to drop him off at the airport and then bring his jeep back here. there was also a little cactus on his windowstill that needed attention.

hoseok had told him that it didn't need water since it was in fact, a cactus, but jungkook demanded it be watered with love and attention instead.

"okay done!" hoseok dropped the blue crayon and stood up with the sticky note. "here." he handed the piece of paper to the youngest of the group. jungkook just glanced over it before slipping it into his back pocket.

"alright, now it's taco time." jungkook pointed to the front door and grinned very hopefully. the two others finally made their way with him to the door, leaving the apartment and going all the way down to the parking garage.

it was when hoseok jumped into the drivers seat and jimin took the passengers side that jungkook finally stopped and stared at the two. "what are you guys doing?" he asked, suddenly very worried for his jeep when the two clowns hung out the window and grinned.

"we're dropping you off pal, remember?" jimin smiled, "now get in the back bitch!"

jungkook wasn't that religious, but the second his ass hit that back seat and hoseok backed up before peeling out into the street, he was praying to every deity that they'd all make it to the airport alive.

"can we get burritos?" jimin asked. he was partly busy being the designated dj and playing avril lavigne, but also thinking of the fast food place they were stopping at. "hobi hyung, we can eat it like lady and the tramp."

although the idea seemed to resonate with him, hoseok just laughed and shook his head. "yoongi would run me over."

"wasn't it spaghetti anyways?" jungkook asked from the backseat.

"whatever." jimin shrugged. and that was the end of that conversation, for the sake of yoongi not demolishing hoseok and jungkook wondering why there wasn't a taco in his tummy still.

they ended up buying a box, coming with multiple tacos and some burritos for the blonde in the front seat. it was an enjoyable ride to the airport, and jungkook forgot what he was going there for as he screamed the lyrics to skaterboi with a mouthful of guacamole. it seemed like chaos, but to them it was perfect.

it was the airport parking sign that had them quieting down and wiping lips free of sour cream and taco sauce. the two boys in the front turned around in their seats to look at the youngest in the back. it was like dropping their baby off.

"here," jimin held out the last wrapped burrito. "for the ride."

jungkook smiled and tucked the meal into the front pocket of his backpack, which happened to be the only thing he was bringing. a suitcase would be too much to deal with. he was on a mission anyways. "are you sure you don't need anything else?" hoseok asked, "sleep mask? breathe mints? condom?"

"hey." jimin smacked the boy in the arm and glared at him. "this is romance happening, don't make it about sex."

jungkook chuckled as they started to bicker, deciding to slide out of the jeep and wave at the two. "don't forget about our souvenirs!" jimin shouted, "i love you good luck!" and then the window was rolled up, and the jeep was gone, and the ravenette stood by himself.

he sighed softly, but there was still a bounce of excitement in his step as he turned to walk into the airport, mixing easily with the flow of others just trying to find their way.

security went easy, he only had a backpack and didn't even bring his car keys so it went past quickly. there was also a small cafe where he got a bagel and hot tea, so far the night was pretty good and he didn't even forget his headphones at home.

again with the time, jungkook couldn't stop glancing at his phone or bouncing his leg with impatience. all he did was keep looking between the boarding gate and his phone, wondering which would satisfy him first. it ended up being the static voice that was barely heard, announcing the boarding order onto the plane, his plane.

jungkook swung his backpack onto his shoulders, conscious of the secret burrito in the front pocket, and checked to make sure he had his passport and ticket.

from then on it seemed to be a blur, the boarding, finding his seat, clutching his backpack to his chest and staring out the window. it was getting dark outside, and it would be late when he landed. jungkook didn't care, because when he landed he'd be that much closer to taehyung.

so he kept looking out the window, and he stared at the sun dipping below the horizon, all the way until the safety announcements played, and the roar of the engines vibrated the window. this would be the first time jungkook was excited to take a flight, and he smiled at the thought.

he didn't even know what he was going to say to taehyung when he showed up at his apartment door, thankfully knowing the way since mrs. kim texted him the address. jungkook just closed his eyes and cleared his mind, wanting to get some sleep before the most important moment in his life it seemed.

⠀ ⠀

——