twenty five.

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

this wasn't how he expected things to go, maybe he was being overdramatic and there was really nothing for him to worry about. taehyung tried to figure out what was going on in the boys head as they drove down the city streets during dusk.

"wow look, this one has a gym." jungkook said while scrolling through his phone on one of the universities homepages. he had one hand on the wheel and the other would normally be on taehyungs thigh, but he seemed thoroughly absorbed in the extra utilities that college offered students. "maybe i should go, pump some iron you know?"

"you can pump iron at your gym." taehyung raised his voice to mock the younger, reaching over to take the boys phone before he drove them into the back of a taxi. "now pay attention to the road." he said.

jungkook nodded and held onto the wheel with both hands, "yes sir. even though i've driven this way so many times i could do it with my eyes closed."

"let's not try that."

"next video."

"no."

"fine." jungkook usually was the one to give in. mostly because he'd do his own thing anyways while the other was at school or studying and he had to find some type of way to make the time pass quicker. taehyung couldn't be that upset, sometimes he forgets he's still older than the ravenette despite being in the same grade for a brief moment.

they arrived in a few more minutes, traffic wasn't too bad and not many people drive this way. they'd be lucky to life in a nice house like jin and namjoons.

"i got it this time." jungkook said, leaning out the window and only forgetting the gate code four times before pressing the right combo. "i think that's a new record." taehyung praised his boyfriend.

it was still the same day, and everyone decided to get together that monday night and all share some takeout. jungkook was okay with the idea since he knew he wouldn't be paying or hosting, he could just show up at his hyungs house and get shitfaced for free.

"you think jin hyung will have that sparkly champagne stuff again? that shit is fire." jungkook said. the two of them climbed out of the jeep and reached for each other's hands, it was habit now.

taehyung shrugged and followed his boyfriend up the driveway to the big front doors. "it doesn't matter, you're not having any."

the younger rose an eyebrow and glanced over at taehyung. the boy had that defiant look in his eyes, it was wavering since he didn't know if he should stay stubborn or turn to puppy eyes. "and why not?" jungkook asked the stubborn boy.

"because," taehyung started, pausing just to knock on the front door. "you've been drinking so much recently, give your body a rest." he explained, patting the boys tummy through the big hoodie he had on.

jungkook wouldn't verbally admit that he brushed off what taehyung said, all he did these past few months has been staying at home and practically resting. it was nights like this that called for some celebration, even though it was an ordinary monday and there wasn't anything to celebrate.

"welcome!" jin practically yelled as always, opening the door and revealing the large foyer to his home. it was something that jungkook wished he could get, one day a nice big house in seoul all decorated the way he wants with a game room, a filming room, maybe even his own dance room. "hi hyung." taehyungs voice broke the younger from his fantasy thoughts, the two boys stepping inside and smiling politely to their hyung.

"yoongi and jimin are in the living room." jin said, closing the front door before following his guests further into the home.

"i smell pizza." jungkook was gone after that, his nose leading him like a dog to the kitchen. namjoon was there with two slices in his hands and hearts in his eyes as he filled his tummy.

taehyung smiled before going to the living room, seeing jimin sitting down and picking at a bowl of candies. jin always has little snacks everywhere in pretty dishes and cute aesthetics things laid out. "hey buddy." jimin smiled as well seeing his friend sit down next to him. "so did you tell him?"

he was expecting that question, and jimin wasn't one to beat around the bush. taehyung just nodded and took the candy his friend offered, "yeah, he already said he's coming with me."

jimin nodded also, "did you expect him not to say that?"

"no." taehyung said, "but i think he knows that's not possible."

they both turned at the same time, looking over at their friend standing in the kitchen with a smile on his face and pizza in his hands. jungkook laughed at something namjoon said, and he seemed happy. it's never that easy though, to really know what someone was feeling. taehyung didn't want to be the reason that his boyfriend was upset, but he also couldn't ignore the truth. they had to be realistic to get through this.

"you guys still got time." jimin tried to cheer the other boy up, also giving him another piece of candy.

"yeah, i know." taehyung said. anything else on the topic was cut off, the handsome subject of the matter came walking over with a glass and plate of pizza that he set on the coffee table before plopping down beside his boyfriend. jungkook sipped the champagne before glancing at taehyung who was watching him disapprovingly. "it's just one." the younger defended himself, smiling cheekily and leaning in for a kiss.

taehyung couldn't deny the little peck, even leaning in for another. "you're lucky you're cute." he said.

"get a room." jimin groaned seeing the kissing couple. he was not about to spend another night seeing his two friends sucking faces.

they reluctantly separated, jungkooks arm was around the boys shoulders as he silently ate his candy. "so jimin, how are you applications for college coming?" jungkook asked.

that caught most of them by surprise, namjoon and jin just now joining and also sitting on the couch. "i was going to get to it this weekend." jimin said. taehyung was busy looking at the ravenette and trying to read his expression.

"get to it?" jungkook repeated what the shorter boy had said who simply nodded. the ravenette stood up and grabbed his glass again, taking a few sips and shaking his head, "no, you can't procrastinate, this is your future."

"you used to get off on procrastinating." jimin cut him off.

taehyungs nose scrunched, "i didn't need to know that."

the youngest of the group of friends just laughed off the remark and continued on his little speech. "you are my best friend and you are my boyfriend, this is the most important chapter of your lives." he emphasized on the importance, pausing to take a sip and savor the sparkly taste on his tongue. "college is a new beginning where you guys will find yourselves."

he was still talking but taehyung was starting to zone out, just watching his boyfriend ramble with a silly little smile on his face and glass of champagne in his tattooed hand. "he's going to have a mental breakdown, isn't he?" jin leaned over and whispered in the brunettes ear.

"yeah probably." taehyung said.

"i'll get the wine." namjoon left the couch just to find more bottles of alcohol in the storage room under the stairs.

their takeout came soon, jungkook still babbling about how great college life is going to be for the two people he cared about the most. it was almost like he was trying to convince himself that this was a good thing, and not focus on the fact that he would be left alone, almost as if he was moving to seoul for the first time all over again — as if new beginnings were coming for all of them.

⠀ ⠀

——