seventy one.

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

"i fucked up."

it was the only thing he's been repeating for the last five minutes, five empty bottles in, and five pairs of eyes staring at him as he wallowed in self misery. jungkook didn't even care that he was being a downer at this party, it was only the six of them but still.

"i could've told you that." namjoon said. he was still playing the told you so card once the younger showed up at their house already piss drunk and crying.

jungkook just looked up at his hyung and lamely tried to glare at him. it didn't come off that intimidating since he was practically still full of tears and sporting pouty lips.

"you had a hiccup." jin was the one to comfort. "but you can still fix things with taehyung."

"can he?" hobi asked. to him it was a genuine question, but to the youngest of the group, it was a sad stab that only made him sputter another sob and wipe away more snot from his running nose. jin had a much more threatening glare sent towards hoseok, who just backed away and went to mingle with yoongi.

jin continued to rub jungkooks back, listening to the boy sniffle and blindly reach for the beer bottle. jimin had already walked by and replaced it with a water bottle, but the ravenette didn't need to know that. "you should have heard him hyung," jungkook started to mumble, "he was so hurt."

"you were hurt too." jimin tried to say. it sucked seeing his best friend so affected by this, especially knowing his other friend probably looked the same a million miles away.

"oh that doesn't matter." jungkook said. "not when he's upset and it's my fault."

they all kind of sat there again, the party mood nearly completely dead by now if it wasn't for hoseok and yoongi still doing shots off the back of the breakfast bar. jin was still rubbing the boys back, trying to think of a way to lessen the boys distress.

"hey kook," he said, only continuing once the small ravenette had picked his head up. "what are taehyungs favorite flowers?"

jungkooks eyebrows scrunched together a little as he sat up some more and reached up to wipe his nose with the end of his sleeve. "he doesn't like flowers, they remind him of funerals."

jin nodded with a smile, "okay, and what's his favorite movie?" he asked another question.

the youngest boy just sniffled again, but the tears stopped coming down and he was more focused on answering the questions. "taehyung likes too many marvel movies, he wants to be a mega superhero of all them combined."

namjoon couldn't help but smile, seeing his boyfriend continuing asking questions for the younger to answer about taehyung. eventually he stopped sniffling and he was just sitting there sipping the water bottle with a thoughtful expression. the other boys came and sat around the table, chins in palms and eyes on the ravenette.

"see, you know taehyung better than anyone." jin said, "don't let this come between you two when you have so much to fight for."

jungkook just scoffed and shook his head, the mess of bangs on his forehead shook and covered his eyes. "just because i know his favorite color and jolly ranch flavor preference doesn't mean i deserve him."

"but that's the thing you idiot." jimin seemed to think he's been too quiet for too long, it was only a matter of time before he'd chime in anyways. "you know more than his just favorite things, you know why he likes that stuff and you have stories of you two when you realized these things about him."

jungkook looked over at his best friend, seeing the blonde smiling genuinely and somehow looking excited about this. he wondered why he didn't feel the same, why he didn't see the significance in all this. "i don't get it."

"you think i know why he likes the red jolly ranchers and you like the blue ones?" jimin asked, "im not the one making out with him to make purple."

that was the comment to make the younger then red, his cheeks warm and a sheepish smile on his face. "i love movie and snack nights." jungkook said thinking about the little candies they would share.

"exactly." namjoon said, "now get off your ass, get out of this damn house, and go buy a plane ticket."

jungkook stood from the table and held his water to his chest, "you know for a bunch of friends you guys really like telling me to leave." it was the first playful remark of the night, and they all smiled seeing the boys mood turn a little more for the better.

"do you want me to come with you?" jimin had asked, turning around in the seat to look at his best friend heading for the door.

jungkook paused, just to shake his head, "no i need to do this myself."

"okay but buy me some souvenirs." hoseok said, earning another playful glare from the younger. "y'all think i'm made of money?" jungkook said.

"you make way more then we do." yoongi chimed in as well, earning a few chuckles from around the kitchen table and then jungkook was gone. with the alcohol running through his system he was probably only barely speed walking, but in his mind he was running down the street, barely breaking a sweat as sped on home and all the way up the stairs to his apartment building.

it all seemed like a blur from then on, maybe thanks to the several shots he did, but jungkook barely remembered taking out his laptop and booking the next flight to tokyo. he expected a text from someone in the next couple days, whether that be from his manager or his mother. jungkook wasn't bothered, because those things barely crossed his mind.

with a flick of the switch, the bedroom was pitch black and jungkook was shirtless as he crawled into bed. there was a glass of water and tylenol already sitting on his nightstand for the next morning, but he barely even thought of the hangover he'd most likely get. for the first time in a while, jungkook fell asleep with a small smile gracing his lips, nothing but a pretty brunette on his mind.

⠀ ⠀

——