sixty three.

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

the weather wasn't that much different, and he seemed to be okay when it came to communicating with locals and other people around his apartment complex. taehyungs japanese was pretty good and the other language he encountered was some english from other tourists. he just tried to avoid those encounters since he only had a few english sentences memorized.

tokyo was nice the first few days here, no rain and not too windy when he wanted to go out and explore on his own. today however, taehyung decided to stay in since his roommate would be moving in. he was lucky enough to find one going to the same university.

it was about noon, and taehyung had changed out of his pajamas just for another pair of sweatpants and a simple t-shirt. him and his roommate have been texting recently, so it wouldn't be a complete surprise when meeting, and he was expecting a text soon.

"ah ha," taehyung was talking to himself as he heard his phone go off. it got quiet around here, that's why the television seemed to always be on and he'd risk the higher electric bill later on.

he grabbed his phone and unlocked it, seeing a short and sweet text from the boy moving in today. his roommate had been living in tokyo for a while already, but happened to want to move closer to the school once getting accepted and the year would start. "maybe i should clean a little." taehyung said out loud, walking around the living room and fixing the placement of the pillows on the couch and re-folding a sherpa blanket that hung over the back cushions.

there weren't too many homey decorations out, partly because taehyung didn't want to take up all the space with his things in case his roommate brought some stuff, and partly because taking out certain things (like all those pictures jimin printed for him to hang) still made him want to cry a bit and swim home.

he was hoping that once his roommate moved in there would be someone else to talk to, and they could go out and make plans and then taehyung wouldn't be stuck here with his thoughts all the time.

it's always the same, everyday trying to keep busy and not stalk all his friends from home on their social media's. he wasn't going to purposely hurt himself by missing them more. they all seemed to be having fun together.

luckily, an hour passed by quick, and taehyung only had to fold that blanket four more times before he heard the knock on the door.

"hello?" a voice echoed into the room, after the door was unlocked and open. taehyung smiled and walked over to introduce himself, bowing politely as always and trying remember what he rehearsed earlier in the bathroom. "hi! i'm kim taehyung."

okay so he already knows your name. taehyung kept the smile on his face but he already wished the floor would swallow him up. "let's me help you with that." he took one of the suitcases and pushed it further into the apartment.

"oh thank you," the boy smiled and shut the door, "i have more stuff in my car but i figured i'd get it later. i'm bogum, it's nice to finally meet you in person."

"nice to meet you too." taehyung said. he was still smiling, really hoping this didn't get awkward because he wasn't sure what to do with himself. he really wanted to hit it off with bogum.

bogum looked around the apartment and walked further into the living room, stopping just before the soft rug underneath the coffee table since he was still wearing his shoes. "you made the place cozy." bogum smiled genuinely, his eyes looking over the black couch with pillows that matched aesthetically, the coasters laid on the coffee table and stacks of books that seemed to be purposely placed in a messy way.

"it's n-nothing," taehyung stuttered, a little bit embarrassed and just moving things around now to do something with his awkward hands. he grabbed a coffee cup and walked to the kitchen. "you can change whatever you like, if you have pillows or a rug or something."

"nah, it's cool." bogum followed his new roommate and made himself at home, opening the fridge and a sound emitted from his throat. it was kind of like a grunt. "i'm guessing you haven't done grocery shopping?" he asked.

taehyung stood behind the boy and looked over his shoulder into the fridge. it was mostly full of juice boxes and leftovers containers. his cheeks flushed a dark red, "uh yeah." he chuckled, "we should probably do that."

"we can," bogum nodded, he still had his shoes on. "how about i show you around tokyo, we can get something for dinner and then you help me unpack my car once we're back here." there was a playful grin on bogums face, and it made taehyung feel a little better about possibly embarrassing himself in front of his new roommate.

"yeah that sounds good, let me change real quick."

in an hour they were both down in bogums car, the backseat crammed with cardboard boxes and textbooks littered the floor. now it was his turn to blush in mild embarrassment, "sorry for the mess." bogum reached over to grab a pair of boots on the floor of the passenger side and toss them back.

"oh no worries, my car back home looks worse." that was a lie. his mom would beat him if there was anything close to an old fast food bag on the dashboard or pair of shoes on the floor. taehyungs car only got dirty when jungkook drove it, the amount of food he'd buy for the older boy was insane.

"where is home anyways?" bogum started up friendly conversation, driving out to the city street from the parking garage.

taehyung looked mindlessly out the window and hummed, thinking back to his mothers home and his old high school. "i lived in seoul, my mom is still there and my friends too." he answered. his chest hurt a little less now when thinking of all of them, maybe soon it wouldn't hurt at all.

"oh i've been to seoul, it's beautiful there." bogum smiled over at the boy seated in his car. he'd be lying if he said he didn't know the boy more, not when taehyung was relatively known for a certain someone's youtube channel. he just wasn't sure how to bring it up.

bogum cleared his throat and caught the attention of the other male in the car, "uh, not to sound creepy or anything," he started to say. taehyung just rose an eyebrow and started to play with the hem of his shirt, a habit. "i feel like it would be weird not to say that i know more about you from what i've seen online."

he was confused for a second, but then realization dawned on taehyung and his lips formed a small 'o'. "jungkooks youtube, gotcha." it was the first time he's said the boys name out loud. it sounded foreign on his tongue.

"my friends are big fans of his." bogum started to explain, "so i've seen some videos and then when we started texting i kind of made the connection."

"oh that's okay," taehyung smiled, "i'll just have to ask you a bunch of questions so i can know more about you."

that seemed to lesson the awkwardness that the boy driving was feeling, a smile forming on his face as he looked over at taehyung. "i'd like that." he said.

taehyung nodded, returning the smile before looking back out the window. they drove in silence from then on, a few more minutes of quietness and soft radio noise before getting lost in tokyo and fine dining.

⠀ ⠀

——