seventy.

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

the brunette sat and aggressively scrolled through his instagram feed, somehow always ending back up at that same stupid post from the same stupidly attractive boy. taehyung narrowed his eyes at the screen and scrolled through the comments.

"fucking monopoly." he muttered, seeing the banter between the two in the comments. he finally pressed on her username, waiting for her profile to load before diving deep into an intense stalking moment. "who even is this chick." taehyung isn't even sure who he was talking to.

no one else was in the apartment and bogum had left a few minutes ago to leave him to be angry in peace.

he had posted himself a second ago, a simple middle finger to express his discontentment with the photo. it was possibly immature, but taehyung was bitter and he wanted jungkook to see, at least he thinks he did.

that question was answered when his phone finally vibrated and the boys name flashed on the screen. taehyungs eyes widened and he gasped, dropping the device on his lap and staring at it while it continued to ring.

maybe i can pretend like i didn't hear it. taehyung thought for a second, but then the urge to hear the boys voice overpowered those thoughts and he hit the green button.

"i suck huh?" jungkook didn't even say hello.

"yes you do." taehyung said.

"okay and why do i suck?" there wasn't any playfulness in his tone, and the brunette felt his stomach twist. this isn't necessarily how he wanted to spend the few moments they had to talk these days.

taehyungs lip was out in a pout, he didn't like this. "because."

"that's not a reason taehyung." jungkook snapped. the ravenette isn't sure why he was getting so worked up so quickly.

if he wasn't going to be defensive then he definitely was now, and that's why taehyung stood, and his eyebrows set in an angry pout. "you know exactly why." he said.

"no i actually don't." jungkook said, "please tell me what i did that was so wrong."

now it was emotions speaking, both ends just fueled by the jealousy and anger being suppressed for so long. neither wanted to admit what they were truly feeling, maybe it was the fear that came with admitting fault, and admitting that they hurt the other.

"you- you're not-" taehyung couldn't figure out what to say, "ugh, this is so stupid." he even stomped, a frustrated groan as he listened to the sassy tone on the other end.

"do you not have anything? hm?" jungkook knew he was being an ass, especially since he posted a picture with a girl to elicit this type of response from the boy.

he probably should have felt a little guilty, especially hearing how frustrated and bothered taehyung was, but jungkook was more hurt, and that seemed to overpower anything else.
"i didn't do anything to you jungkook." taehyung said. he was standing now, because sitting had gotten him too agitated.

the boy just scoffed. "didn't do anything? yeah okay. that's exactly why we're here right now."

"there is no here." taehyungs voice had risen, despite being this usually cute and sweet boy, his voice was still quite deep and could sound intimidating when provoked. jungkook couldn't help but flinch a little at the anger in his tone. "you're in seoul, and i'm in tokyo-"

"yeah i know that-" jungkook tried to but in, the fire he had earlier was slowly starting to die down. he didn't want to argue.

"and you said you'd wait!" taehyung yelled.

apparently he reached his end too, because his voice broke, and he had to stop talking once hearing the slight break in his words. he was not about to start crying right now.

"tae.." jungkooks words trailed, and his hands gripped the phone. he never wanted to be the reason that the brunette cried, especially when he wasn't there to comfort and apologize after. this had to be torture — a lesson to be learned. "no." taehyung said. he shook his head and didn't realize his eyes were screwed so tightly shut, "i don't want to talk to you right now."

"listen, i'm sorry, i just started to overthink." jungkook tried to explain himself.

taehyung wasn't going to let him. "no, you listen to me kook. you don't understand how hard it is, i'm by myself." he said. "i don't have you or any of my friends, you're home and you have everyone around you when you need them. don't make this harder for me when you call me and start yelling at me, how is that fair?"

"you're right, i'm sorry." jungkook sighed and rubbed the spot between his eyebrows. "i'm being immature and it isn't fair."

taehyung was silent, he didn't know what else to say and right now he didn't really want to say anything more. the pace of his heart was way too fast and not for the usual reasons when he was around the ravenette. "i gotta go." he said.

"tae please." jungkook was about ready to beg.

"i don't want to talk to you right now jungkook." taehyung said, he just needed some air, or anything that didn't have to do with this whole situation right now. the only thing sounding good was some shots and some place quiet.

"o-okay, um, can we talk tomorrow?" the younger asked.

yes, he was hopeful, and so apologetic knowing he probably took a few steps too far and now taehyung was actually upset with him. "maybe." the brunette said, "bye jungkook."

"bye-" he could barely say it back before the line went dead, and jungkook stood there with the phone still against his ear. god he fucked up. how did that get so bad so quick.

the frozen nature to his body as he stood there and tried to process what went down during that short phone call, it was nothing like the response taehyung was going with. the boy was doing his best not to think about it at all.

that's what had him practically stomping down the tiny hallway in the apartment and barging into his roommates room, "get dressed, we're going out." taehyung said. bogum just nodded, his eyes were a little wide from the intrusion but he pulled himself out of bed and quickly found something better to wear.

taehyung just closed the door again, feeling his hands shake and he did his best to calm down. thinking back, he's not sure if he's ever fought with jungkook before. the thought was scary, since he knew he wouldn't be calling the younger any time soon, not when he could be going out and forgetting everything until the next morning left him with headaches and pain relievers.

⠀ ⠀

——