fifty six.

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

the sun was well up in the sky, most likely the time was close to 1 or 2 in the afternoon. no one was tired yet or ready to go home, plus taehyungs mom packed them enough snacks and food to last more then a day.

"you have to share, hey- yoongi!" hoseok wrestled his hyung for one of the small sandwiches. all the teasing that yoongi did about the cut shapes and sand toys, he couldn't seem to get enough of the little snacks. "no it's mine!" he yelled with a pout.

jungkook shook his head with a chuckle, ignoring his two bickering friends from now on and just reaching his arms up to tug the white shirt off his torso. "i'm going swimming, who wants to join?"

"i thought we were keeping our shirts on." namjoon whispered to his boyfriend beside him, wondering how the youngest of them looked like he could have eaten john cena and absorbed his muscles into a pair of ripped abs and biceps for himself. "you can keep your shirt on baby no one cares either way, youre stunning." jin patted his tummy and leaned over to kiss his cheek, "now let's swim!"

most of them ran down to the water, a group of boys yelling and flailing their arms once legs hit the water and it was a little more cold then they had expected. the two boys working on their castle still sat in the sand, screaming and protecting their work with arms surrounding the big mound of sad. taehyung had decided it was necessary to make little flags, fabricated from tiny twigs and leaves.

"damn has jungkook been working out?" jimin innocently asked, he was still digging a little more of their moat surrounding the castle, but of course he glanced up to see the brunette looking over into the water at the shirtless dream.

"i don't know, probably." taehyung tried to sound casual, but it came out too forced — and his eyes kept drifting out to steal glances at the ravenette. "shit." he accidentally mumbled. jungkook was only waist deep in the water, still exposing those v lines and little trail of hair that went down, down until disappearing under the surface of the water. his head was tilted back and eyes closed, those lips slightly parted as he ran both hands through his wet hair to push it back from his face, the actions just making every muscle seem to stand out and contract. he basically looked like he was getting the best suck of his life.

"im a loyal boy.." jimin started to say, who was also staring at the younger friend in the water, "but damn." he couldn't deny how attractive his best friend was.

"shut up!" taehyung threw a small ball of sand at the shorter boy who giggled and tried to deflect it, onto for it to hit his arm and break into a million grains.

jimin subconsciously started making a sand ball of his own, in case of another attack, "come on, you leave in less then a week, just jump on that one more time. you'll regret it if you don't." he said.

"shut up." taehyung said again. it was a lot softer this time and mainly because he didn't want to listen to jimin be right. all he's been thinking about was jungkook recently, and wondering when the last time they kissed, and held each other, and if that was really what he wanted to remember when going to tokyo. "plus!" jimin had to continue, "it would be totally consensual, which is a bonus."

"you're a dork." taehyung raised his hand to throw some more sand, but jimin did the same and they ended up calling a truce.

soon everyone came up from the water, slowly trailing out one by one to go dry off or get some more food, leaving the ravenette to be the last one — and he would have followed the rest of his friends, if it wasn't for the one boy only now coming into the water.

"cold?" jungkook chuckled, seeing the way that taehyung sucked in a breath and held his arms up above the water as it rose to his belly button. he decided to keep his shirt on in hopes that it would be less cold, that wasn't the case. "shut up, i'm adjusting." he said it through clenched teeth.

jungkook just hummed and looked down at his fingertips tracing over the water, making little trails and pretending they were fish swimming and breaking the surface.

he didn't stop moving his hand until another pair and view of a very familiar clothed tummy came into view. jungkook lifted his head and nearly bumped noses with him, the surprise evident on his face at the close proximity. he wasn't about to complain, but question it of course. "tae, whatcha doing?"

"nothing."

"this doesn't seem like nothing." jungkook rose an eyebrow, trying to read the boys face as his hands went up to loosely hang around the youngers neck. taehyung just shrugged and waded closer, their chests would have been touching if he didn't want to keep talking, "i leave in less then a week."

jungkook nodded, that seemed to be what made him ignore his previous thoughts and actually put his hands on taehyungs waist now. why always question things.

"you had to remind me." he said. of course he knew when taehyung was leaving, it wasn't really something he was counting down to.

"are you going to come to the airport to say goodbye?" they were a little closer now.

"i'll always be where you need me to be." jungkook seemed to forget they were in public, his hands moving a little tighter around the boys waist.

taehyungs smile was small at his words, with eyes never leaving those much darker ones staring back down at him. "we could forget about it for a moment."

an innocent suggestion, one in conflict with logic and anything realistic. why set themselves up to want more when they know they'd just ignore what they both seem to want?

"you think that's a good idea?" jungkooks voice was barely above a whisper, the fight inside his mind seemed to scream at him to let go of taehyung and to splash him with water or do literally anything else besides give into the temptations that have plagued them both.

"i don't care." taehyung now seemed desperate, clinging tighter to the younger and closing his eyes as their lips barely brushed together in a tentative dance of need. "please?" it was the last breath of air between them before any space that remained was gone, jungkooks hands pressed against taehyungs back to pull him as close as possible while their mouths collided. it seemed like it's been forever since they last kissed, and now that their lips moved so well together and taehyungs tongue tasted like stale beer and whatever fruit his mom also packed in the cooler.

jungkook sucked on his tongue, pulling a moan from taehyungs throat and made him tug on the locks of black hair at the back of the youngers head. if only they didn't need to breathe, if only time didn't plan to separate them, in that moment they both wished they could kiss forever, and drown themselves in the love they felt.

⠀ ⠀

——