thirty nine.

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

the store wasn't that busy during that afternoon, leaving the raven haired internet star to get all the ingredients rather quickly. when walking past the meat section he recalled the time a few days ago at the burger place, thinking of his boyfriend and best friend, and the good time they had. tonight would be good.

"are you on your way?" his hyung spoke through the phone, and by the echo he could tell he was on speaker again.

jungkook was already pulling out into the city streets. "yeah i'll be there in ten."

he always seemed to drive faster then he thinks, arriving about four minutes early and wondering how fast over the speed limit he was going. the grocery bags hung from the crook of his elbow as he let himself into the house.

"who needs a doorbell anyways." namjoon happened to be walking by, a robe on his shoulders and guinea pig in hand.

"hi hyung," jungkook smiled sheepishly and held out the grocery bags, "i bring food."

"you're forgiven, jin is in the kitchen." he said before disappearing to who knows where.

the raven haired male let himself in and walked through the foyer, seeing the camera set up as usual in the kitchen. jin was standing by the island and flipping through a recipe book. "i picked a meal." jungkook said.

jin rose an eyebrow and shut the book, "alright why not." that left less work for him to find something, plus he sent the younger for ingredients and the boy tends to do whatever he wants anyways.

the camera was already set up, three around the kitchen to bring multiple angles of course. only the best for jins channel. the oldest boy went to press record, going to stand beside his friend who had already swiped an apron. "kiss the chef." jungkook smiled, pointing to the threaded words on his chest.

"i'll kiss the cheeseburger patty." jin tossed back while giving the raw meat a light snack.

before the raven haired boy could throw back another subtle insult, jin smiled famously at the camera and cut him off, "welcome back to my channel and my constant need to bring degenerates into the kitchen."

jungkook hit his in the arm with the raw cheeseburger patty.

"fda don't watch this." jin said, taking the patty and putting it back on the plate. leave it to jungkook to be a little nasty shit in the kitchen.

"anyways! this is my channel today i'm taking over." the youngest said, his palms were flat on the marble countertop as he looked at all the ingredients on the surface. "so as most of you know, i have a boyfriend, a gem of a boy." jungkook said.

"i think they know you have a boyfriend." jin butted in. there was no way that common viewers didn't know who taehyung was.

"be quiet i'm talking." jungkook glared at the older male beside him, playfully of course. especially since jin was already mentally preparing himself and starting to fill a pot with water. "what you might not know is that taehyung recently got accepted into a great university. that's why he's not here right now because he's celebrating with his family. but basically i met tae right after he got back from france because this kid loves to travel for the art and culture and everything."

"this is going to be the longest intro ever." jin sipped from his glass of wine and leaned against the back counter. jungkook just stayed facing the camera and flipped the boy off. "when he was younger he'd always go to new york and jimin told me his favorite meal, which is a beautiful delicacy." jungkook kissed his fingers like a chef and looked over his shoulder at jin.

the older boy just sighed and closed his eyes, "dear god what are we making."

"a garbage plate."

"a garbage plate." jin repeated.

"yes."

"okay dope." the older boy set his glass down and came to stand beside jungkook, who now has his phone out to the notes section to show what they had to do. "basically it's half mac salad and half home fries, then there's two cheeseburger patties on top. we have to make a meat sauce to cover it and then all the other stuff like ketchup, mustard, and hot sauce."

"so we're serving your boyfriend a heart attack." jin finally understood all the odd ingredients that were laid out. this really was living up to its name. "yes," jungkook said, "it's my evil plan to make him not go to tokyo."

"i'm thinking we do the mac salad first, then the meat sauce so both of those can sit and absorb flavor." jin said, taking the pot of water and going to start it on the stove.

jungkook kind of just nodded and grabbed an onion, he was less organized and the chaos seemed to sneak into his brain just then as all the food products sat out and overwhelmed him. "oh damn. i'll cut this." he held up the onion to his hyung and waited for a nod of approval.

"that will go in the sauce for macaroni." jin said, he was grabbing the mayo and other things to mix in a bowl.

jungkook eyes widened a bit in subtle panic at how quick jin moved to get things done. "fuck okay a cutting board." he mumbled to himself before finally getting situated and cutting the onion into tiny cubes.

maybe a minute later there was a soft sniff. jin glanced over at the younger and saw the tiny tear go down his cheek. "it's the damn onion." jungkook said.

"should i put emotional in the title?" jin couldn't help but chuckle.

"how else are we getting the views." jungkook laughed also, scraping the diced onions into the bowl and watching jin mix it all together to create a thick sauce for the mac salad. "jimin should be coming so he can taste it to make sure it's right."

"good," jin said, taking the box of macaroni and adding it to the water that was now boiling. "because i have never had a garbage plate in my life before."

"everything you cook look likes garbage though." jungkook had to say it. his hyung walked right into that one — and it wouldn't be a normal jin and jungkook video without the timeless bickering that was sure to ensue, leaving them both very occupied until a quiet knock and short blonde boy came inviting himself to the scene.

⠀ ⠀

——