forty five.

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

regression to the mean. a way of thinking that life can't ever be all good or all bad, eventually things must return back to the middle. these thoughts don't seem to leave his mind, they stay and wander around every time he sees the boy — whether they be out to eat, simply sitting at home, or drowning each other in kisses.

jungkook always thinks about how it's been too neutral recently, too much like the middle, and the thoughts in his mind wonder which way the balance would tip. while a few nights ago at jins house things were so good, with all them together, eating to their hearts contents, he could still somewhat sense the troubled nature to his boyfriend. it may have been the way taehyung seemed to hold onto him tighter, or the way his smile would occasionally falter without realizing it, maybe just the way that taehyung seemed to stare at his boyfriend a little longer.

jungkook noticed it all.

"they're burning." the ravenette said, walking up behind the older male and pushing the pan off the burner. the pancake was a darker color then it should have been.

"oh sorry." taehyung frowned at the mess up. he put his phone away back into his pocket, but not before the younger caught a glance of the screen. it wasn't a surprise that the boy was looking at airplane tickets already, they were cheaper the sooner you buy them.

jungkook just shrugged and gave him a light nudge out of the way, "don't worry, let me finish up." he said, taking over the stove and adding more batter to the pan.

there wasn't much arguing, as taehyung just walked to sit on a stool and lean his head against the counter. it made no sense to still be exhausted after a whole nights of rest. "can we just go back to bed?" he asked.

"no silly." jungkook chuckled while flipping the pancake and waiting for the other side to brown. there was already a plate ready, they've already shared a few before this one. "we were going to try and see a movie later remember?"

taehyung just hummed and watched the ravenette move the pancake to the plate, adding jam on half and butter on the other. "i don't really want to." he said.

"oh," jungkook frowned, but cleared his throat and walked over with the plate to sit beside the tired boy. "okay, uh we can go another time." he suggested instead.

taehyung shrugged again and lazily picked at the pancake, there was obvious disinterest with a lot of things. "yeah, i gotta get going. my mom wants to do some shopping for my apartment." he said.

the younger tried not to frown again. "i'll text you." taehyung said, getting off the stool and kissing his boyfriends cheek briefly before leaving out the apartment door.

he tried to figure out what just happened, why he was sitting there alone with a pancake made of half jam and half butter, supposedly meant for the both of them to share — but jungkook still sat alone. he still wondered why he brunette was so troubled recently, with so much on his mind and so many things to do. jungkook just wished he could help, wished taehyung was comfortable enough to talk to him about it all. but he knew this was inevitable, they were growing up. things got harder and people got more busy.

jungkook threw out the pancake, suddenly not interested in it anymore. he picked up his phone and called someone, the only other person who could possibly fix his shit mood. "hey hobi hyung." he said.

"jungkookie what's up." the boy was already brightening his mood just by the sound of his voice.

"let's go out tonight." jungkook said, he was already looking through his closet for something to wear that wasn't a pair of sweatpants or a hoodie. it's been a while since he's gone out.

hoseok knew this too, and he was more then excited. "holy shit, i'm coming over now."

"it's only noon." the younger was confused as to why his friend wanted to be there now. going out usually meant well past sunset and more towards midnight. "exactly," hoseok said, "that means we barely have enough time to get ready."

that's all there was before the line went dead and jungkook was alone again. "okay then." he spoke to no one in particular.

a mess soon started to form in the middle of his room, a pile of discarded clothes that either weren't nice enough or simply looked like he was trying to hard. there was no middle. "i'm going naked, that's it. nothing looks good on me." jungkook little moment was interrupted by a quick knock, and soon his friend let himself in and his voice was soon heard following the footsteps. "kookie i'm here!"

hoseok walked in and saw the mess, and the dilemma on his friends face. "oh honey." he said. there was no worries, this is what hoseok did best anyways. if it wasn't dance then it was certainly fashion.

"sit." he pushed the younger onto the bed and turned to go into the closet. most of it was gone so he had to start sorting through the pile until he found a pair of jeans. there were a few rips, but apparently not enough for hoseok as he hummed quietly and tore them a bit more. "dude." jungkook watched his friend start crafting in the middle of his bedroom floor.

"put these on." hoseok said, throwing the black jeans at the boy and then finding a plain white shirt as well. "i'll look for a jacket to go on top."

jungkook just nodded and didn't bother to go into another room, simple pulling down his sweatpants to change and trying to fix his hair after tugging on a new shirt.

"what about this?" hoseok held up a jacket, it was a deep red color covered in sequins. part of him thinks it belonged to jimin because he can't remember seeing something sparkly red and wanting it. "i don't know." jungkook said.

"come on," hoseok tossed it towards him and waited for him to put it on. apparently he liked it, because a bright grin appeared and he clapped his hands. "okay! let's pre game." and then he was lost in the kitchen.

jungkook just chuckled and looked at himself in the mirror for a moment. maybe it wasn't too bad, a little styling of the hair and maybe tint to his lips and he'd be good to go. "okay, the vodka is behind the tv." the raven haired male said as he went out to his kitchen.

hoseok was also deep in the liquor cabinet and most definitely looking for that clear bottle. "why is it behind the tv?" he asked.

"well, it was karaoke night." jungkook started to explain, "and tae wanted to play hide and seek-"

"okay i don't want to hear about your drunk karaoke nights." hoseok decided the couple was weird enough when they're sober, anything between them during drunk hours can stay exclusively in their own minds.

two shot glasses were already on the counter, already filled with a little liquid that jungkook sniffed while hoseok went to get the vodka. his nose scrunched and set the tiny glass down, "bro what in the hell is that?"

"don't ask, just drink." hoseok said. his smile was too sweet to consider devious, and it was hobi hyung, the boy who who could never hurt a living soul and feels bad when he steps on flowers. so jungkook took the glass, waiting for his friend to do the same — and then they threw their heads back, marking only one of the many more that were sure to follow.

⠀ ⠀

——