9. Promise

THIRD POV

      "Detective Kim, we don't have enough evidence to call this a murder. It's more likely a suicide," He explained to Detective Kim.

      This morning at 6 am a runner found two men lying on the ground. One dead and the other unconscious.

      "How about the witness? Did you ask enough questions? You have to make sure you get every detail. We can't afford another mistake Lee," Detective Kim lowered his voice. "Besides, I'm planning on asking Mr. Jeon everything when he wakes up," Detective Kim drank his coffee.

      Detective Kim went back to his desk. Another murder case he thought. Why did he always end up with them? He thought again.

      Detective Kim shuffled more files. What was strange to him was that there weren't any weapons in sight. Even though he has a deep wound on his neck. And many cuts on his body. He really wished that Mr. Jeon would be awake already.

14 hours later

JUNGKOOK POV

      I opened my eyes. My head was still hurting from the fall. My body ached as I made some movement. I looked around. Why wasn't Taehyung here? A doctor walked in.

      "Ah! Mr. Jeon, you're awake. How are you feeling?" He asked.

      "I'm feeling okay. Where's Taehyung?" I said.

      The doctor looked down and a faint smile was shown. "I'm sorry but, he's dead Mr. Jeon,"

       I covered my mouth. My mouth wanted to scream at his face and tell him that he was lying. But deep down inside I couldn't because he was right.

      The doctor began examining my body. Making sure it was alright. He then gave me some pain relief pills.

      "A detective would come in later and ask you some questions about the incident. If you feel uncomfortable from the questions he's asking you can always refuse to answer them, "With that, the doctor left after taking some more notes.

      I laid back down. I promised Taehyung that I'll protect him forever. Now that I broke it, I honestly feel like shit. I closed my eyes, resting them again. And started reliving my memories with Taehyung.

3 YEARS AGO

      "Jungkook?" Taehyung looked at the brown-haired boy.

      "Yes? Is there something wrong?" Jungkook replied.

      "Promise to never leave me. Like how my mom did,"

      "I promise, I'll never leave you. I'll stay by your side forever," Jungkook said. A kiss was placed on his right cheek.