Enemy Attack

I did another correction from this chapter onwards with the help of @Ph03nyxx, nothing major changed with the storyline just my grammars and wordings used :)

I will be editing the rest of the chapters soon as today is currently 28th December 2021. My stories are also officially published at Popink so please do check it out if you guys want to give extra support! :P

----------

Until the enemy made a move, the Northern soldiers spent their time training and preserving strength as well as stacking up their supplies. Most of the soldiers were restless and some even wondered why they were there again. Some also couldn't believe the situation they were in.

It was currently morning and Yin wanted to take Blaze out for a run as well as do some reconnaissance. She invited Ting Ting to join and though Ting Ting was shy to ride with Yin, Yin just kidnapped her and let the girl sit in front making Ting Ting's ear blush red but Yin did not notice this.

They went to a nearby river to let Blaze drink some water while Yin and Ting Ting were looking for anything edible.

Yin stole glances at Ting Ting wondering when she should tell her the truth about herself. Perhaps now was the best time as they were both alone and far from sight.

Ting Ting on the other hand was nervous as her heart was beating wildly, she was afraid Yin would hear it. There was only the two of them and Yin was just a few steps away from her. Perhaps this was an opportunity for Ting Ting to tell her feelings. They were going to war soon and once they survived, maybe they could get married and have children and live peacefully.

Ting Ting blushed wildly fantasizing about the future with Yin.

On the other hand, Yin was about to say something to Ting Ting until she noticed how the surrounding's noise was different. The birds that were chirping a few seconds ago had gone silent and flew away. There was also a distant sound of footsteps approaching being heard.

Suddenly, something flew fast about to hit Ting Ting's back when Yin withdrew her sword and blocked it. It made a cling sound and when she looked, it was knives.

"Huǒyàn (Blaze in Chinese)!" Yin called out her horse and grabbed Ting Ting away.

Currently, they were outnumbered and they did not hear any horn sound that signify the enemy was attacking which meant the rest did not know they were here.

The first thing to do now was to reach the camp and inform about the enemy's attack rather than die a useless death.

Ting Ting finally realize what was going on and took out her bow that was at Blaze's side and attacked the enemy from afar. She killed a few enemies even as she climbed Blaze's back.

Yin on the other hand made sure to protect Blaze and Ting Ting from flying knives until they were far from the enemy and rush towards the camp. Blaze was indeed magnificent, he was like flames scorching through the wind, so fast nobody could see his figure properly.

The camp soldiers who saw the two from afar immediately notice something was wrong and used a telescope to see the enemies that were marching from afar.

The war horn was blown and as everyone was always prepared, they assume their positions and got ready to fight.

Yin brought Ting Ting to the back as she was an archer in charge of support. Yin on the other hand was assigned to the front line.

Before Ting Ting jumped down from Blaze's back, she hugged Yin and said "Return back safely"

Yin who was focusing on the enemy brought her attention back to Ting Ting and pat her head saying, "You too".

There were more words to be said but Ting Ting reluctantly let go of Yin for she knew Yin was eager to the battlefield and with his skills, he could win easily.

Yin noticed how Ting Ting was reluctant but did not say a word as this was war, they had to survive and be ready for anything. Sighing, she gave Ting Ting another hug and smiled before leaving just to assure her.

On the other hand, Yin's action actually confused Ting Ting more as she seems to be frozen and suddenly exploded with emotions. Her friend who was also an archer had noticed her and brought her to their stations thinking the girl must be daydreaming again as usual.

The front line was mostly infantry (foot soldiers) and soldiers who had horses (cavalry). Leading them was none other than the Northern General Sun Bin. Yin approach Ting Yi whose main weapon was a war spear and rode on a powerful mount that was brown in colour which was why they named it Brown.

"I've sent Ting Ting to the archer's station", Yin said when she notices Ting Yi was staring at her.

Indeed, Ting Yi was worried about Ting Ting and these two had spent quite a lot of time with each other, they already understood what was going on by sharing a glance.

Ting Yi nods at Yin and gave an acknowledging smile, "Thanks"

The two did not share any more words as they face the front where the enemy was.

The nation of Zen's northern soldiers wore red and silver coloured uniforms while the nation of Qi's soldiers wore a blue and black uniform.

Yin who was wearing a red mask manage to catch the enemy's attention as she stood out with the white and red mask. At first, she was going to let it be a white mask but remembering the army had a red colour too she decided to make it two colours. The same as their uniform.

The situation was tense, both nations' soldier was facing each other and some soldiers were shaking in fear while others were in anticipation. It was the moment when they could bring victory and glory to their family, their country and their nation.

With a fierce war cry, the enemy nation begins its attack while the Northern General peacefully waits until the enemy approach as their strategy commenced.

-----------

NOTE:

Blaze is Ying Yue (Yin's) horse and its name in Chinese is Huǒyàn. But from this point onwards I will use Blaze so be aware. I also know there's a lot of characters but I will try to make them as simple and easy to remember as possible. Thank you for reading until this far!