Awake

Ting Ting was currently bathing Yin with a towel and warm water. She had just washed her hand when she notices Yin's eyes giving a fluttering movement.

It was then that Yin woke up and saw Ting Ting holding a towel and her hand.

When Yin woke up however as her throat was parched since she had not drunk anything, she could not say a word and instead felt uncomfortable until Ting Ting notice what Yin needed.

She grabbed her bottle of water and helped Yin drink the water slowly as she lifted Yin's head.

When Yin had drunk enough, she slowly moved her body as it was numb from sleeping.

That was when she realizes other than the bandage wrapping herself, her upper half was exposed and Ting Ting was beside her.

With wide eyes, Yin could only look at Ting Ting with a dozen of questions in her mind but none she could voice out.

Ting Ting noticing this had suddenly cried and hugged her friend who was still confused.

"I am glad you are finally awake. You did not know how worried I was when I saw how lifeless you were for these past few days."

Yin realize Ting Ting knew of her secret and did not mind it as she only saw Yin as her dear friend.

Returning the hug, Yin was glad Ting Ting finally knew the truth before pushing her to a certain distance and asking, "How long was I asleep and who else knows about this?"

Ting Ting who then compose herself answered her calmly saying, "You were asleep for 7 days and other than Northern General Sun Bin and the doctor who treated you as well as me, no one else knows that you are a girl"

Yin looks at Ting Ting hesitantly before asking, "About this matter... you are not mad?"

Yin actually knew that Ting Ting did not mind but she had to ask for confirmation.

Ting Ting naturally smiled and pinch Yin's cheek saying, "At first I was surprised but since you were injured and asleep, I could not ask this from you. Besides, you are my friend and I also know that everyone has their own skeleton in their closet"

Yin was surprised. "Though this is a secret for a reason, I am not a person who does crimes. I will tell you more in time but for now, I am glad you are still willing to be friends with me"

Ting Ting nods in understanding and asked why did she keep her gender a secret.

Yin answered honestly about how her mother was the one that actually wanted her to keep her gender a secret as girls would have a hard time in the real world which Ting Ting definitely agrees. Though one does not want to discriminate against one's gender, for one's own safety then one had to go to the extreme to survive.

"But for those who know my real gender then I do not want to hide anything and will not deny this when being confronted. So, Ting Ting does not have to worry. This will come to light in the future too" Yin assure her.

Ting Ting had a hard time understanding Yin in general but she accepts her words gladly. And she also understands she would have to treat Yin as a male with others but when they were alone together then Yin could be treated as a female.

Another reason why people would assume Yin was a male was also that she was behaving like one. Since she was the only child, Yin was quite pampered so she would hang around her father's side more to do research. By watching the males around her, she instantly could act and behave like one. This was why Yin was thought of as a guy even though she had a small stature than most males.

Yin was staring at Ting Ting and there was a sense of respect as well as warmth towards her that Yin swore to protect their friendship as well as keep Ting Ting safe from any harm with her life.

It was now when she understood the meaning 'bros before hoes'.

Another reason why Yin cherish Ting Ting is also that she was different from the other females. As the other females were involved in household matters that was so complicated, Ying Yue indeed prefers to be the soldier Yin in this lifetime.