Fight

Li Jian was excited. This was the first time he would fight a person who bear a treasured sword such as he did and An, his sword of darkness immediately recognized who they were fighting against so he had warned his master to be careful.

"I know", Li Jian replied to An as he steps back and coats himself with darkness. Making an armour made from the darkness. He did not forget to coat his sword with an aura of darkness as well. The aura looks like a black fire flickering as it waves around the sword but it was sharp enough to slice through anything.

Yin who was wary of the man in front of her had a mixed emotion of excitement as she was bloodthirsty to kill the commander that was in front of her. But fear as the man was indeed powerful and stronger than her at the moment. She had to bring it all out or else she would die in this case.

Ting Yi had managed to save General Han and brought him back to the camp base as he needed treatment as soon as possible or else he would not survive. Though he was also worried for Yin, for some reason he believes Yin could survive this but there was a foreboding sense of dread brewing that he ignored.

The situation was tense and silent. Nobody dared to make the move as all eyes were on Yin and Li Jian.

Li Jian was also just staring at Yin. They say the one that makes the first move would lose. This was true for Yin as besides watching Li Jian merging and moving underground as a shadow, she did not know what else this man could do.

Element once said that those that bear the swords could use the swords to their own capabilities thus the power depends on the bearer.

But surely to fight darkness was by using light except that Element was not a bearer of light. Thus, she can only use fire or lightning attacks. She decided then what could be most advantageous.

Li Jian notice Yin would not make the first move, so he made a dash and tried to pierce through Yin's armour and aimed for her heart.

But before he could succeed, his sword had forcefully clashed against Yin's sword that was letting out a lightning element. But that did not stop there as Li Jian tried to kick Yin's side which she also blocked by letting out lightning armour.

What you can do, I can do better, Yin thought. It was a bit easier since she was focusing on using only one element.

Li Jian was indeed amazed. He did not feel this fun since forever, with a devilish smile he continued to make piercing attacks on Yin that manage to block his every move. At first, she had difficulty since his attacking force were too strong but with the help of the lightning element that could speed up her pace, it seems that Yin looked equally matched even though this was not true.

Yin focuses on the next attack, making an outburst of lightning exploding that sends the two away from each other.

The move she was going to do next will cause harm around a 10m radius from where she was standing so she warned Captain Zhu to retreat and get help as they would only be a bother at the moment.

Captain Zhu understood that the fight that was before them was not one they could interrupt.

The enemy thought to foil their plans and went to attack Captain Zhu before he manages to get away but Yin had summoned and unleashed a move called Thunderstrike which was a barrage of thunder strikes that pierce through the ground. Soldiers who got struck by the lightning did not survive but Li Jian only felt small shocks as his armour was protecting him.

This did not even hurt him? Yin was panicking inside but she did not show this and stayed calm as she took back her lightning element and changed to another element.

If lightning does not work then how about fire? She coated her sword with the hell of flames and prepared to make another attack.

Li Jian was wary of the fire before him but he was confident with his skill and power so he welcomed Yin's attack.

"I still do not know what is your name soldier," he asked when they retreat a few steps from each other as he sensed Yin was going to make another explosion attack which he guessed right if he did not back away.

If talking could delay this man then Yin was willing to distract him. ".... This soldier's name is Yin. Yin of Zen Nation"

"Yin", Li Jian said and he looks at him with awe. "I shall remember this even after your death"

Li Jian had used his power on Yin making her suddenly unable to move. This was possible as he had managed to land multiple cuts to Yin and made An taste her blood thus making him able to control Yin's shadow.

Yin saw through this trick and coated herself with fire making it bright and her shadows bigger which made Li Jian lose control of her shadow, making her able to move again.

An idea suddenly went through her mind as she pierces her sword to the ground and ordered Element to open up the land and swallow her enemies.

Element did as told and now the ground was shaking as it split apart, swallowing enemy soldiers and making Li Jian retreat to the solid trees.

There was a noise of horses approaching and Yin look to see the Northern General Sun Bin had arrived with reinforcements.

Li Jian also noticed this and went back to the mine that though was covered with rocks from the explosion, he used his move to travel underground and manage to escape.

Ting Ting who also came because she was worried for Yin had rushed towards Yin's side and Yin upon seeing Ting Ting had collapsed as she had used her Qi too much.

Northern General Sun Bin was shocked to see the scene of the ground splitting in cracks. There were also multiple burnt marks that were from the lightning strikes. And all this was caused by the child who had collapsed. Yin had already left an impression on the old man but now he does not think he will ever forget the young child.