Chapter 5: Princess In Love

Meanwhile at the palace, Princess Minnie was in the throne room, picking petals off a flower with nothing but love on her mind and in her heart.

"He loves me. He loves me...a lot. He loves me. He loves me even more. He loves me," she sighed in content while blowing the petals away.

But she was accidentally blowing them on her lady-in-waiting, Daisy.

"Pardon me, Your Highness," Daisy interrupted, blew the petals off then said, "you're kind of mangling that flower. Who's the lucky guy?"

"My one true love," Minnie answered, sighed dreamily, then told her, "I'll find him someday. He's out there. I just know it."

"This fantasy man; do you happen to know if he's royalty?" Daisy asked.

"Does it matter?" Minnie wondered.

"Well, as you know someone of your royal stature must be courted by a gentleman of royal blood," Daisy explained.

"What a royal pain," Minnie groaned as they left the throne room.

"Your highness, you're gonna have to pick someone sooner or later. I mean, tick-tock, huh?" Daisy pointed out.

"Daisy, I can't pick someone I'm not in love with," Minnie remarked.

"You want love? Buy a dog. Besides, the perfect guy isn't gonna just walk through the door and even if he does,  how are you gonna know he's the one?" Daisy asked.

"Oh, I'll know. Just imagine. He'll stride into the room. A light will glow from him. I'll hear music. He'll bring me flowers. He'll sweep me off my feet. And I'll know he's the one when he makes me laugh," Minnie explained dreamily while spinning Daisy and her around.

"Your majesty, forgive me for saying so, but that sounds..." Daisy giggled, saw how Minnie was, then corrected herself, "just lovely."

Minnie placed the flower with only three petals in a vase then walked to the garden doors.

"Trust me, Daisy. I'll know him when I see him," Minnie assured then went outside.

Then one petal fell off the flower, making it look like Mickey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Love on your mind. Sounds like me. 😁🥰❤️