Chapter 27: Ready for Action

Pluto smelt out the scent for Mickey while Goofy, while carrying Donald, ran after him.

"We're coming, guys!" Goofy yelled.

"Put me down! Put me down!" Donald commanded.

Pluto then caught another scent and barked toward the left.

"What is it, Pluto?" Goofy asked.

"Goofy! Donald! Pluto!" Jamie's voice sounded then coughed.

"Jamie?!" Goofy yelled.

They ran over to where they heard her and saw her tied to the edge where the tide was coming in. Goofy then put Donald down.

"Pluto, make sure Donald doesn't go anywhere," Goofy said quickly.

Pluto blocked any paths of Donald leaving as Goofy grabbed Jamie's sword from the tree it was sticking out of.

"Jamie, what happened?" Goofy asked as he started cutting the rope.

"Pete caught me and had me knocked out then tied me up to drown," Jamie answered, saw the tide, then warned, "Look out!"

Goofy blocked her from the tide then cut her free. Jamie coughed as Goofy got her up to dry land.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah. But let's get revenge on Pete and I'll be good," she answered.

"Okay. But first we have to save Mickey," Goofy told her, pointing toward the prison.

"Mickey's in there?!" Jamie wondered in a panic.

"Yeah, now come on," he urged, getting Donald.

"Coming," she said, sheathing her sword and running after him.

They ran to the dock and got in a boat.

"Goofy! Jamie! Pete's gonna kill us!" Donald said.

"Pete or no Pete, Mickey's our pal and we got to save him," Goofy stated.

"Yeah. All for one and one for all. Remember?" Jamie reminded.

"I know it's the most hideous house of torture in all of France, but we're going in there!" Goofy remarked.

As lightning struck, a scary face formed on the prison, making Donald run to the shore, dig a hole, and stick his head in the sand.

(A/N Play video now.)

"Gawrsh, guys. Could this be the end of the four musketeers?" Goofy asked Jamie and Pluto.

"It can't be, Goofy," Jamie responded.

Then the turtle sang, scaring them into hugging each other.

[Turtle:]
"This is the end
This is the end
That Donald Duck has left poor Mickey Mouse to drown
And Goofy and Jamie trusted him, but Donald let him down
We all berate him because we hate him
He is a traitor, vacillator
He's a lousy second-rater
Mangy mallard, he's a coward
Donald's destiny has soured, it's the end"

With every lyric, Donald became angrier and angrier. He then grabbed the guitar and started beating it against the beach sand.

"I'll show you, dirty tortoise!" Donald threatened, getting in a fighting position.

"That way, tiger," the tortoise said, pointing behind him.

Donald then saw his friends row across the water. He then realized that he had enough guts to take on Pete after that.

"Wait for me!" Donald yelled, ran, stopped, then told the tortoise as he shook his hand, "Thanks for the song."

He ran across the water and hopped in the boat.

"Donald!" Goofy and Jamie exclaimed as they hugged him then Pluto licked his cheek.

And with that, Donald ripped off his regular attire to show his musketeer uniform and put his hat on.

"Come on! We've got to save Mickey!" Donald stated.

'And Max,' Jamie thought.

Pluto then formed his tail like a propellor and put it in the water, making them speed toward the prison.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N They better hurry!