Chapter 30: King Pete

Meanwhile, everyone was arriving at the opera house. Minnie and Daisy were let out by two ushers.

"Princess Minnie," one said as they bowed.

"Your Grace," the other added.

But they were really the two taller Beagle Boys, who smiled at each other.

Minnie and Daisy were making their way to their seats when Pete stepped in front of them.

"Captain Pete?" she questioned.

"Bonjourney, princess," he smirked.

She heard something behind her and looked to see the taller Beagle Boys, worrying her.

"Where are my bodyguards?" Minnie asked.

Then Pete laughed as he scooped the girls up in a bag.

"I'll be your bodyguard tonight, sweet cheeks," Pete remarked.

Minnie popped her head out then yelled, "This is an outrage!"

"No. It's my nefarious plan to steal the throne," Pete stated.

He moved the curtain to reveal Shorty dressed up like Minnie.

"Does this crown make my ears look big?" Shorty asked.

Minnie screamed then Pete shoved her back in the bag and tied it.

"You know what to do," Pete told the taller Beagle Boys.

"Righty-o, boss," they assured.

Bruno and Butch opened a chest and Pete tossed the bag in. They shut it and made their way to the exit.

That's when Mickey, Donald, and Goofy noticed the opera house not too far away.

"Look! There it is!" Goofy pointed out.

Jamie and Max weren't too far behind. Jamie was at the front of her horse while Max had his arms around her waist.

"We're almost there," Max said.

"Yeah. I'm ready to save the princess and see you reunite with your dad," Jamie smiled, making him return it.

They then took off.

The crowd at the opera house chatted amongst themselves.

"Okay, shortstop, do your stuff," Pete told him.

Shorty powdered his face then cleared his throat, trying to sound like Minnie. When no one answered, he blew a horn, immediately getting the crowd's attention. As he talked, he continued to try to impersonate Minnie.

"Attention, my loyal subjects. Due to the stress of princessing, my duties have become too overwhelming for a delicate flower such as myself," he said with a giggle then replied, "Therefore, I now present your new ruler, King Pete!"

The crowd gasped as Pete pulled a rope, showing a huge banner with him on it as king. Then he ripped his uniform off to reveal his royal attire.

"I did it, Mommy! I'm king of all France! I feel like eating a snail," he commented then said, "Now, on with the show."

Then the turtle, with a black suit and white wig, came up and bowed as the crowd applauded.

"Allo. C'est moi," the turtle greeted, taking his wig off then put it back on.

He tapped the music stand then conducted as the music played and the curtain opened to show men on a pirate ship.

(A/N Play video from 0:21 to end.)

[Men:]
"Come, friends who plough the sea
Truce to navigation, take another station..."

That's when the guys got there. They got off the horse and Pluto barked as he ran ahead of them.

"That-a boy, Pluto. Find the princess!" Mickey said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N They gotta hurry! 😱🤯😜